About the course
GRAB A LIMITED, FREE PLACE ON OUR 9-WEEK DIGITAL SKILLS BOOTCAMP starting NOV 2021
Make it a game-changing year for your career.
Delivered virtually through QA Virtual Classroom for residents of Northwest - Manchester
(PLEASE NOTE – If you are not a resident within a NORTHWEST local authority you will not be eligible for this course, you can however apply for Software Development and Data Engineering which are available for all residents in England)
Equip yourself with the essential cyber skills leading organisations need right now, in just nine weeks. And do it all for free.
This is a unique chance to kickstart an exciting new career in an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in-demand sector. You just need to bring an open mind, a thirst for learning, and leave any pre-conceptions at the door.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps
Geeks, nerds, computer boffins? Ask most people what they’d associate with “Cyber Security” and it’s likely you’d hear something like this. But this is 2021, and these stereotypes simply don’t stack up. There’s no one type of ‘cyber tech person’. In fact, it’s an increasingly vibrant and in-demand sector, being entered by people who you might not expect.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people - no matter their background or level of knowledge - the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast track to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
What’s on offer?
• High-quality training – free, 9-week skills programme.
• Full-time, virtual learning – intensive 9-5:30 delivery, 5 days a week.
• Key technical skills – you’ll cover everything up to Cyber Security Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Operating Systems Network Security, Security Fundamentals, Security Operations, Active Defence, Coding and Scripting Basics, Cloud Security, Threat Analysis, and Information Security Risk.
• Support and mentoring – soft skills training to build your confidence in project work, presentation skills and team-working.
• NCSC Certified Training - Foundation Certificate in Cyber Security certification exam
When you complete the Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
• Industry-recognised accreditation – Participants will be able to challenge for the following Cyber Security certification exams taken post bootcamp:
• NIST Cyber Security Professional (NCSP®) Foundation
• CompTIA Security+
• Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work straight away to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
• Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform of hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes.
• 12-months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to Career Mentoring
• A 12-month discount to over 5000+ Microsoft & PeopleCert technology certifications.
• 12-months extended access to Project ARES cyber range for continual professional development, ensuring you have a safe place to practice and develop your new cyber skills.
What type of role would I be training for?
With the increasing headlines surrounding cybercrimes and data breaches, one can understand the importance of the role of a Cyber Security Analyst. Cyber Security Analysts plan and carry out security measures to protect a company’s computer networks and systems. They keep constant tabs on threats and monitor their organization’s networks for any breaches in security.
Estimates show there could be up to 100,000 available roles in cyber security in the UK alone by 2022 – and with rising salaries to boot.
Does this sound like you?
• Aged 19+
• Genuine passion for technology
• Enthusiasm, aptitude, and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
• A go-getter with a can-do attitude
• A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
• British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years prior
• You can commit to 100% attendance over the 9 weeks
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course