About the course
The most comprehensive ethical hacking course in the world
Ethical hacking or penetration testing refers to the exploitation of an IT system with the permission of its owner in order to determine its vulnerabilities. It results in recommendations for preventive and corrective countermeasures to mitigate the risk of cyber attacks.
A certified ethical hacker is a skilled professional who understands and knows how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems, and uses the same knowledge and tools as those used by malicious hackers. Launched in 2003 by the EC-Council, the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) certification is globally recognised as the vendor-neutral qualification of choice for developing a senior career in penetration testing and digital forensics.
Delivered by an approved EC-Council trainer and experienced penetration tester, this five-day classroom training course features:
- Practical hands-on training which introduces the five essential testing phases: reconnaissance, gaining access, enumeration, maintaining access and avoiding detection.
- Complete coverage of the CEH syllabus, which covers over 270 commonly used attack technologies and software tools, and demonstrates how they can be used in real-life scenarios.
- Access to the EC-Council iLabs, which allows students to practise their skills in a safe and fully functional network at any time. This consists of a host of Virtual Machines preconfigured with vulnerabilities, exploits, tools, and scripts.
- Unique post-course support with online access to EC-Council iLabs for a period of 6 months.
What will you learn?
- Types of penetration testing, security audit, vulnerability assessment and testing roadmap.
- Footprinting, footprinting tools and countermeasures.
- Network scanning techniques and countermeasures.
- Enumeration techniques and countermeasures.
- System hacking methodology, steganography, steganalysis attacks and covering tracks.
- Trojans, Trojan analysis and Trojan countermeasures.
- Viruses, virus analysis, computer worms, malware analysis procedure and countermeasures.
Certified Ethical Hacker (ANSI) examination
All delegates are provided with an exam voucher that allows then to sit the Certified Ethical Hacker (312-50 VUE) examination at any Pearson VUE exam centre in the UK after the course. This exam consists of 125 multiple choice questions which be must completed in a 4-hour time period. Please note that the cost of the exam voucher is included the purchase price of the course.
Who should attend this course?
The Certified Ethical Hacker training course will significantly benefit security officers, auditors, security professionals, site administrators and anyone who is concerned about the integrity of network infrastructure. It is an ideal first qualification for building a career as a penetration testing or digital forensics professional.
Delegates are expected to have a minimum of two years’ working experience of IT networks and systems. While there are no prerequisite qualifications, Microsoft MCSE or CCNA equivalent knowledge is highly recommended.
As the course offers a number of practical labs for hands on practice, delegates are required to bring their personal electronic device to the course. Laptops are recommended as tablets cannot support full functionality and access to the online labs and exercises. Further details and advance information will be provided prior to attendance on the course.