About the course
GRAB A LIMITED, FREE PLACE ON OUR VIRTUAL 9-WEEK DIGITAL SKILLS BOOTCAMP IN DATA ENGINEERING OR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT.
This is a unique chance to kickstart an exciting new career in an increasingly diverse and in-demand sector. You just need to bring an open mind, a thirst for learning, and leave any pre-conceptions at the door.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps
Geeks, nerds, computer boffins? Ask most people what they’d associate with data engineering or software development and it’s likely you’d hear something like this. But this is 2021, and these stereotypes simply don’t stack up. There’s no one type of ‘tech person’. In fact it’s an increasingly vibrant and in-demand sector, being entered by people who you might not expect.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people - no matter their background or level of knowledge - the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast track to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
There’s two engaging pathways to choose from, Software and Data. And they have plenty in common.
How do Digital Skills Bootcamps work?
• They’re absolutely free for you to attend.
• They’re delivered virtually to the comfort of your own home via QA Virtual Classroom, over nine-weeks of full-time learning. That’s 9-5, Monday to Friday – with self-paced assignments to work through in your own time.
• They put you through your paces, equipping you with the key technical skills the world’s leading organisations covet so highly. Through continual assessment, you’ll even get industry-recognised accreditation to prove them.
• Together with a QA Cloud Academy pre-learning pathway, covering Python fundamentals and Cloud literacy, you’ll also learn the soft skills and work-ready know-how to hit the ground running. So from presenting with confidence and preparing a high-quality CV, to readying yourself for technical interviews – our leading trainers have your back.
When you complete the Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
• Industry-recognised accreditation – depending on your pathway, you’ll earn certification from Microsoft Azure, AWS, GCP, PeopleCert and/or SFIA to seriously boost your employability prospects.
• Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work straight away to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
• Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform of hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes.
• 12-months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to Career Mentoring
• A 12-month discount to over 5000+ Microsoft & PeopleCert technology certifications.
What will you be learning?
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in Software Development, you’ll cover everything up to Software Developer Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including detailed modules on: DevOps and Source Control; Networking and Security; Operating Systems; Algorithms and scripting; Java and Spring.
On the Digital Skills Bootcamp in Data Engineering you’ll cover everything up to Data Analyst Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Azure fundamentals; Python for Data Analytics; Machine learning; Enterprise Big Data Professional; Power BI.
Does this sound like you?
• Aged 19+
• Enthusiasm, aptitude and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
• A go-getter with a can-do attitude
• A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
• British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years prior
• You can commit to 100% attendance over the 9 weeks
Why put off pursuing a tech career any longer? This is your game-changing moment.
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course