About the course
GRAB A LIMITED, FREE PLACE ON OUR 9-WEEK DIGITAL SKILLS BOOTCAMP
Make it a game-changing year for your career.
Delivered face-to-face in our central Manchester offices starting September 2021.
Equip yourself with the essential skills leading organisations need right now, in just nine weeks. And do it all for free.
This is a unique chance to kickstart an exciting new career in an increasingly diverse, vibrant and in-demand sector. You just need to bring an open mind, a thirst for learning, and leave any pre-conceptions at the door.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps
Geeks, nerds, computer boffins? Ask most people what they’d associate DevOps Engineers with and it’s likely you’d hear something like this. But this is 2021, and these stereotypes simply don’t stack up. DevOps Engineers are the secret heroes behind forward-thinking organisations – they accelerate application delivery; save time with automation and standardization; accelerate innovation and speed up deployment.
The Digital Skills Bootcamps, part of the Government’s Lifetime Skills Guarantee and Plan for Jobs, have one shared goal: to give people the opportunity to build up sector specific skills and fast track to an interview with a local employer. It’s that simple.
What’s on offer?
- High-quality training – free, 9-week skills programme
- Full-time, face 2 face learning in our Manchester offices – intensive 9-5 delivery, 5 days a week.
- Key technical skills – you’ll cover everything up to DevOps Apprenticeship (Level 4) standard, including engaging modules on: Agile; Azure Fundamentals; Algorithm and Scripting; Networking and Security; Databases; Operating System Basics.
- Support and mentoring – soft skills training to build your confidence in project work, presentation skills and team-working.
When you complete the Digital Skills Bootcamp, you’ll get:
- Industry-recognised accreditation – earn certification from Microsoft, PeopleCert, and undergo SFIA-benchmarked employer-led assessment to boost your employability prospects.
- Your own recruitment support manager, who’ll work straight away to secure job interviews for local technical roles.
- Exclusive 12-months’ access to QA’s Cloud Academy platform of hands-on labs, learning paths, courses and quizzes.
- 12-months’ BCS membership (The Chartered Institute for IT), with access to Career Mentoring
- A 12-month discount to over 5000+ Microsoft & PeopleCert technology certifications.
What type of role would I be training for?
DevOps brings together development and operations, champions better communication and collaboration between these two business areas and enables organisations to create and improve products at a faster pace.
DevOps Engineers mainly work with other departments to meet the needs of the company and clients, by creating and developing systems which will increase productivity in the workplace.
This encompasses multiple stages of the software development life cycle, automating processes around development, testing and release for continuous integration of new features, and subsequent continuous delivery of a product.
A career in DevOps has a great and promising future with roles that can have a big impact on a business. As a hugely sought-after skillset in the global tech industry, companies across the UK are always looking for candidates with these technical skills.
Does this sound like you?
· Aged 19+
· Genuine passion for technology
· Enthusiasm, aptitude and willingness to learn tonnes of new skills and new technologies, from day one
· A go-getter with a can-do attitude
· A great communicator, with a passion for helping and working with others
· British citizen or have lived in the UK for at least 3 years prior
· You can commit to 100% attendance over the 9 weeks
There are currently no new dates advertised for this course