About the course
On our highly regarded MSc Cyber Security, you will work with internationally renowned experts from our Centre for Cyber Security.
This course provides a broad foundation for Cyber Security concepts while delivering advanced knowledge and skills in key technical areas. Designed to meet the growing demand from global business and industry for robust cyber security systems, this course underpins the principles and practical professional skills you’ll need to meet the future challenges faced by organisations, particularly when it comes to strategic security planning.
This course provides future Cyber Security professionals with the knowledge and skills needed by the employers. Our strong links with industry enable us to teach the most demanding topics. You will develop state of the art technical knowledge, intellectual know-how, management capabilities and hands-on practical skills to succeed in meeting the Cyber Security challenges faced by modern organisations.
Our academic staff members are actively engaged with government and industry to help solve their complex problems. These strong links provide you with plenty of professional opportunities that will help you to acquire valuable exposure to the real life challenges of Cyber Security.
- Our Centre for Cyber Security is at the forefront of advancing information security.
- We provide research-led, practice-driven teaching underpinned by our research projects and strong industrial links.
- Our teaching staff have rich professional experience and are engaged with government and industry, helping to solve complex problems.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art, industry-standard equipment and laboratories with forensic software, network security software for penetration testing, and Cloud software.
- We are home to a Cisco Systems, Oracle academy, and the Microsoft Academy Centre. We are one of Microsoft’s top UK university-based academies and we are a member of the Microsoft Developer Network Academic Alliance. We are also a Cisco ASC (Academy Support Centre) and Cisco Instructor Training Centre (ITC) – one of only 10 such instructor training centres in the UK.