About the course
This module is applicable to your organisation if you believe information is a key organisational asset and protecting it is a shared responsibility. Information Classification defines a set of protection levels and special handling measures for information which is valuable, sensitive or critical to your organisation.
Information Classification assigns an owner to each piece of information. This module introduces Information Classification and outlines the responsibilities of an asset owner with regards to classifying, sharing, storing and disposing of information.
This module covers…
- Why Information Classification is important for overall security
- How information is classified
- What protective markings are and how they should be applied
- Guidance on how to store restricted information securely
- Individual responsibilities regarding the disposal of information