About the course
This 5 day certificate course, which is delivered by trainers who are business continuity practitioners, is closely aligned to current standards such as ISO 22301, the International Standard for Business Continuity, as well as the Business Continuity Institute’s (BCI’s) Good Practice Guidelines. The course leans heavily on practical exercises to provide you with extensive hands-on experience of all the key components of implementing best practice business continuity management.
This PCBCM qualification represents a major benchmark in measuring the skills of business continuity professionals. It addresses business continuity management from an independent perspective and provides you with the opportunity to carry out high level business impact analyses, risk assessments, as well as preparing business continuity plans, a schedule of tests and a high level business continuity awareness campaign.
This is a ‘Practitioner’ course and leans heavily on discussions and workshop exercises designed to reinforce the concepts being taught and to build your confidence in implementing business continuity management. The course is designed to encourage debate and the sharing of knowledge and experience between delegates.
The course will primarily benefit those already involved in the areas of business continuity management including business managers responsible for operational functions.
Course topics include:
· The need for business continuity management
· The context of business continuity management in the organisation
· Business continuity programme management
· Identification of services, products, activities and supply chain
· Business impact analysis and risk assessment
· Needs and expectations of third parties
· Legal and regulatory requirements
· Scope of the business continuity management system (BCMS)
· Selecting business continuity options
· Establishing and implementing procedures, including business continuity plans
· Performance evaluation and improvement
You will benefit from the practical and extensive experiences of URM’s trainers who are practising business continuity management and ISO 22301 specialists. It is URM’s policy that all trainers have real-life implementation and deployment experience within both public and private sector organisations, which they can draw upon and share with you and other course delegates.
Examination: The course culminates in a 3 hour exam on the final afternoon, comprising multi choice, short answer and essay style questions.