About the course
Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course
This one day ISO/IEC 27001 training course will introduce delegates to the requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001, providing delegates with an awareness of the issues and challenges involved in implementing an information security management system.
This practical foundation course is designed to provide an introduction to information security management (ISM) systems as set out in ISO/IEC 27001. Information security covers many issues, from copyright to internet security, and the proprietary information that an organisation has is now recognised as one of its main assets. Ensuring the security of this information is thus a primary responsibility of senior executives in preserving the value of the organisation.
- Overview of the ISM standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- The recommendations of the ISM system and the latest developments in this fast-moving field
- A summary of problems and challenges to guard against
- The relationship between legislation (such as the Data Protection Act) and ISM systems
- The problems of web-based access to systems
- Accreditation and certification against ISO/IEC 27001
- Sources of information and further development
Who Should Attend
- Those responsible for managing information security.
- Those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to the Standard.
- Those who wish to obtain an overview of the potential threats to their operations due to the loss of information.
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of ISM system audits
By the end of this Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 training course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice.
- Undertake a survey of their own organisation and determine any weaknesses that need to be addressed.
- Appreciate the technical challenges likely to be encountered in implementing ISM systems and address these.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|03 Dec 2019||Northamptonshire Staverton Estate|