About the course
ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS Implementation Training Course
This ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management System implementation course will acquaint delegates with the specialist elements of the standard, including identification of critical information and its value, risk evaluation and selection of controls.
Delivered In-house, this 3-day highly interactive and practical course covers the technical knowledge to planning, implementing and formalising a system for information security management (ISM), aimed at certification to ISO/IEC 27001:2013. This standard covers all forms of information, such as paper based, photographic, electronic and intellectual material.
- Reviewing the detailed requirements of ISO/IEC 27001
- Valuing information held in a variety of formats and identifying the threats, vulnerabilities and risks
- Planning the ISM implementation programme:
- Timescales and resources
- Risk assessment and management
- Producing Statements of Applicability
- Documentation, monitoring and auditing
- Preparing for certification
- Sources of information and further development
Who should attend
- Personnel from organisations wishing to be certified to ISO/IEC 27001
- Those who need to understand the potential threats to their business information
- IT/computer systems managers who want to learn about implementing an ISM system
- Personnel from organisations holding data on individuals, and who are covered by legal requirements. (The Data Protection Commissioner has stated that “certification to BS 7799-2 is evidence of intent to protect personal data” – as required by the Data Protection Act 2000)
By the end of this ISO/IEC 27001 Information Security Management training course, delegates will be able to:
- Interpret the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice.
- Undertake a self-assessment of their own organisation and determine any weaknesses that need to be addressed.
- Begin the implementation process and identify security risks relevant to their organisation and implement systems to manage them.
This course is available on an In-house Training basis. For a free quotation please enquire.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Client Site|