About the course
ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course
This two day ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor training course will equip delegates with the competency to assess an organisation’s ability to manage risk and provide essential ISM system controls.
A highly interactive and practical course will develop delegates’ auditing skills to apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 and conduct Information Security Management (ISM) System internal audits in order to:
- Develop effective auditing techniques, improve evaluation and identify opportunities for improvement
- Objectively assess the compliance of an organisation and report and follow-up corrective action.
Read our blog on the obligations that we need to consider as part of information security and GDPR.
- The interrelationship between ISO/IEC 27001:2013, ISO/IEC 17799:2005, ISO 9001, and GMITS.
- Hazard identification & risk assessment and the process of auditing them.
- Undertaking an effective Quality Management System Audit against ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Auditing skills and techniques:
- Planning – use of checklists, resources and timing
- Selection of audit teams
- Interviewing and evaluation of information and findings
- Observation – objective evidence
- Evaluating the significance of nonconformities
- Communicating and presenting audit reports
- Corrective actions and effective follow-up programmes
- Effective improvement – planning, monitoring and results
- Accreditation and certification
- Sources of information and further development
Who should attend
Those responsible for undertaking internal audits of ISM systems.
Managers, whose departments will be subject to these audits, to help them appreciate the benefits that structured audits and the resulting corrective action can bring.
By the end of this ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor training course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 to the specific needs of their company.
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing procedures and documentation.
- Conduct an effective ISM system audit against ISO/IEC 27001 and evaluate the significance of audit findings.
- Present audit findings and implement corrective action programmes.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|24 Sep 2019||Leeds|
|08 Oct 2019||London -Kensington Holiday Inn|
|03 Dec 2019||Northamptonshire Staverton Estate|