About the course
£230.88 - £356.68 per week
21 Jul 2021
At Travel Counsellors, we care about our customers, communities and our colleagues more than anyone else and that’s what makes us special. For us, relationships trump transactions and we are there for our customers, connecting with them on a deeply human level through the moments that matter.
We’ve been changing lives for over 26 years as the leading travel marketplace for self-employed travel entrepreneurs, empowering over 1,800 global independent travel agents to run successful leisure and corporate travel businesses as part of a company that truly cares and one that has never wavered from its purpose; to redefine what personal means for a travel business.
We’re fired up for the future as the demand for travel after COVID-19 returns even greater than before, and we’re looking for the brightest and the best to come and join us to take our business to the next level.
We’re delighted to launch our 2021 Apprenticeship Programme as we look to hire the best and the brightest talent to join us and help our business be the best in the game whilst giving the successful candidates an opportunity to kick start their career. We’re looking for passionate people who are truly excited about Technology and want to develop an exciting career at one of the biggest travel brands in the UK.
This two-year programme is based at our Manchester Support Office and will form part of our Technology community, a group of ambitious Tech professionals dedicated to making our digital community even better. We’re looking for people who are passionate about developing a broad range of Technology skills, ultimately working as part of our Technology Service Desk Team, providing exceptional service to our Travel Counsellors community.
You must have a passion for Technology.
We are also passionate about protecting our brand, selecting future colleagues who are passionate about going the extra mile for our customers, so you’ll be assessed on the following attributes, as well as your desire to join a growing Tech Team:
What will I be doing?
Security Operations Centre – SOC Apprentices support in protecting the business by deploying and monitoring security systems across the business alongside completing a Cyber Security Level 4 Apprenticeship.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- Assistance with firewall management
- Project creation
- Assistance with providing around the clock protective monitoring through the use of industry leading SIEM, IDS and threat Intelligence Technologies.
- Assistance with providing advice and guidance to client targets of cyber-attacks and malicious activity to a high standard.
- Assistance with providing incident reporting capabilities ensuring that all information is provided in a timely, accurate and effective manner.
Desired qualities, skills and knowledge:
You must have a passion for Technology.
- Communication – you must be able to communicate comfortably with a solid level of confidence as you’ll be dealing with people every day, helping and supporting them to give customers a truly world-class travel experience
- Collaboration – with ambitions as big as ours, we need colleagues that are truly connected, committed and passionate about what we’re doing, together as one team. We want team-platers who will put our mission and vision first and work tirelessly together to make our goals a reality
- Resilience – you must be able to remain calm under pressure and can adapt to change easily. We’ve had an interesting year in travel due to the pandemic so you must be able to adapt easily to the challenges that come your way
- Digitally Driven – we’re continuing to evolve as a digital first business so you must be comfortable dealing with technology. We’ll teach you how to use our systems and tools but working digitally is an important part of the role that you’ll need to shine at
- Self-Management – all our colleagues represent who we are as a business, so we expect a high level of professionalism, including excellent time keeping and being able to prioritise goals on time and too a high standard.
- An A Level in ICT, OR
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, OR
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject. OR
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
We’re also open to graduate level applicants who may want to try their hand working in a Tech function in the travel industry or experienced professionals looking to re-train.
You will be contracted for 37 hours per week, with shifts between Mondays to Saturday 7am – 7pm (shifts within this time period)
£12,000 - £18,550 per annum.
- The apprentice will become an active member of the Tech Team and we will create a personal development plan to reflect their goals and ambitions.
- They will be given a host of opportunities to learn on the job, as part of a team that truly cares with lots of opportunities to expand their knowledge in a variety of tech-based areas.
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.