About the course
This Module can only be taken as a Short Course for Credit.
For more information please go to the 'Upgrade to a professional qualification' section.
Due to the nature of the subject matter in this Module,security clearance may be required.
The module develops an understanding of the importance of taking a risk-based approach to Cyber Security and Information Assurance.
At a glance
Please enquire for course dates
£1,310 - Short Course for Credit fee
What you will learn
On successful completion of this module you should be able to:
- critically appraise a range of approaches for assessing risk in the complex cyber environment,
- evaluate the factors that influence effective risk management in organisations.
- critically assess the level of risk faced by an organisation.
Indicative Module Content:
- Mapping the Landscape:
- definitions and terminology,
- history of hacking,
- threat landscape.
Cyber Security Risk Management in Practice
- basic principles,
- legislation and standards,
- risk management approaches,
- strategies for managing risk.
- quantifying risk in a complex environment,
- risk economics,
- social dimension of risk,
- risk communication.
Upgrade to a professional qualification
After successful completion of this Short Course for Credit, 10 credit points can be put towards the Cyber Defence and Information Assurance MSc and the Cyberspace Operations MSc.
Find out more about short course credit points.
Who should attend
Students must have successfully completed Foundations of Cyber in order to take this as a Short Course for Credit.
Dr Natalie Clewley
A limited number of MOD sponsored places are available.