- Gain an overview of the key changes to GDPR and DPA 2018 after Brexit and look at the practical implications of those changes.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
Training course outline
This half-day training course with our in-house privacy experts will take you through:
- The changes that the UK GDPR and DPA 2018 have brought about.
- How to transfer data between the EU and UK after Brexit.
- When you need to appoint a lead supervisory authority and how to identify which supervisory authority is your lead.
- How to transfer data in and out of, the UK after Brexit.
- Steps you can take now.
What does this training course cover?
- An understanding of the changes that the UK GDPR and the DPA 2018 have brought about
- The legislation;
- The impact of Brexit;
- The key differences between the EU GDPR and the UK GDPR;
- The Commissioner’s (ICO) obligations;
- Enforcement; and
- The relationship between the UK GDPR and the DPA 2018.
- An understanding of the roles and responsibilities for key personnel
- EU Representatives;
- UK Representatives; and
- Identifying the need for a lead supervisory authority
- The need for a lead supervisory authority;
- The criteria for identifying and appointing a lead supervisory authority; and
- Actions required.
- Transferring data in to, and out of, the UK after Brexit:
- Data transfer options;
- Steps involved;
- When derogations can be applied; and
- Actions you can take now.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file).
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm
Who should attend this course?
Business directors or managers who want to understand how the requirements of the UK GDPR and DPA 2018 will affect their organisation, such as:
- Those employed in a risk or compliance department;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Data analysts;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Individuals with a basic knowledge of data protection regulation and practices who want to develop their career.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on the GDPR – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training courses and the only ones that are ISO 17024-certificated.
- We have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.