- Learn the fundamentals of and understand the project requirements for incorporating privacy by design, helping you build privacy into your products and services.
- Industry leading, fun and interactive course on privacy-by-design, created by award winning specialists and delivered by experts using experiential learning techniques.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- Our Ely / Online option provides the flexibility of attending our certified COVID-19 secure training centre or booking as an online delegate.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-certificated Privacy by Design Foundation (PD F) qualification and 7 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
This Foundation-level course provides a complete introduction to the concept of privacy by design, and an overview of the privacy and Agile roadmap, to help learners get to grips with the philosophy, practical realities and compliance requirements of incorporating privacy by design and by default into a project.
This course provides an introduction to:
- Why data protection is important for projects and products;
- The building blocks and tools for project managers; and
- The privacy workstream
What does this training course over?
Why is data protection important for projects and products?
- Attitudes to privacy, and buying preferences
- Case studies of issues caused by actual and expected poor privacy by design, e.g. Zoom, track and trace apps, etc.
Building blocks and tools for project managers
- Threshold DPIA (data protection impact assessment)
- DPIA – supporting project documentation
The privacy workstream
- Components of the privacy workstream
- Privacy and project methodologies:
- Privacy and the Agile roadmap:
- Stage 1 – Privacy and the product vision
- Stage 2 – Privacy and the product roadmap
- Stage 3 – Privacy and the release plan
- Stage 4 – Privacy and sprint planning
- Stage 5 – Privacy and the daily scrum
- Stage 6 – Privacy and the sprint review
- Stage 7 – Privacy and the sprint retrospective
- Privacy and Agile scope management
- Privacy and Agile time management
- Privacy and Agile cost management
- Privacy and Agile team dynamics
- Privacy and Agile communications
- Privacy and Agile quality management
- Privacy and Agile risk management
- Handover to business as usual
- End of life
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file).
- The Privacy by Design Foundation (PD F) exam.
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Who should attend this course?
This course has been developed for project, product and privacy managers to provide an overview of the basics of Agile privacy by design project management.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on data privacy – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course. Since then, we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR and data privacy.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.