About the course
- Practical course to help practitioners formulate plans and strategies for improving cyber security risk management in their organisations.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person. Find out more.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ accredited, three-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification and 21 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
Modern organisations face the constant threat of cyber attack. Creating an effective cyber risk strategy to mitigate the risk of cyber crime is the only way to ensure your survival, but cyber security management can be complex and costly. With so many standards, best practices and technical controls to choose from, how do you get started on your plan?
Drawing on real-life case studies, an experienced senior information risk consultant will provide you with insights to enable you to create a blueprint for a plan that not only includes the implementation of technical measures (controls) but also takes into account the people, processes, governance, leadership and culture in your organisation.
The three-day Managing Cyber Security Risk classroom training course will:
- Build on basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices;
- Equip practitioners with the expertise to manage cyber security risk;
- Meet compliance objectives in organisations of any size; and
- Support professional development: delegates who pass the included exam are awarded the ISO 17024-certificated Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) qualification by IBITGQ.
COVID-19: remote delivery options
We would like to reassure our clients that all training courses will go ahead as scheduled during the current COVID-19 situation. As a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online. Please also refer to our COVID-19 policy.
Managing Cyber Security Risk training course benefits
Understand the basic foundation-level knowledge of information security management practices.
Learn from anywhere
Choose whether you attend Live Online or in person at one of our training venues throughout the UK.
Become a cyber security expert
Become an expert in managing cyber security risk and meet compliance objectives in organisations.
Protect your organisation
The cyber security framework can be implement across all organisation of all sizes.
See what our previous learners think about this course
75% were happy with the pace of the course
100% found the course content to meet their expectations
100% agreed the course content was relevant
100% thought adequate course materials were provided
This is a good course covering cyber security risk management requirements. The course structure is built around a cyber security resilience maturity model, so while the cyber threat is constant, it does give a path to cyber risk compliance appropriate to size of organisation and / or budgets. The course follows the familiar learn at pace with follow-up exam model, provides useful course materials including details of standards and websites to follow-up afterwards. Recommended."
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at IT Security Managers, IT Consultants, IT Auditors, IT Risk managers and anyone interested in the field of cyber security
- Senior directors (CEO, CIO, CSO, CISO) who requires cyber security knowledge
- IT managers responsible for delivering cyber security risk management
- Security Analyst/ Engineer/ Architect
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re acknowledged leaders - in ISO 27001, information security, GDPR and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does this course cover?
- The nature of cyber risk and types of cyber attack.
- The difference between cyber security and cyber resilience.
- Practical lessons with examples of real cyber breaches.
- An understanding of current cyber security standards and best practices:
10 Steps to Cyber Security
20 Critical Controls for Cyber Defence
Cyber Essentials scheme
ISO 27001 and integrated management systems
Links to other standards, including ISO 20000
Other frameworks, such as NIST, COBIT 5, the PCI DSS and RESILIA
- The role and the importance of people, processes and technology.
- Approaches to risk management, cyber incident response and business continuity.
- How ISO 27001 provides a backbone for protecting your organisation.
- Why ISO 22301 is essential to achieving cyber resilience in the event of an attack.
What’s included in this course?
A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
The Managing Cyber Security risk exam; and
A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 09:30pm – 5:00pm
Day 2: 09:30pm – 5:00pm
Day 3: 09:30pm – 5:00pm
Learn from anywhere with our instructor-led Live Online courses, or Classroom / Live Online delivery options. Learn more.
Alternatively you can study in a classroom at one of our venues in London or Ely (Cambridgeshire).
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
While there are no formal entry requirements, all delegates are expected to have a practical understanding of information security.
Is there any recommended reading?
We recommended purchasing one or more of the following:
IT Governance – An International Guide to Data Security and ISO27001/ISO27002
CyberWar, CyberTerror, CyberCrime and CyberActivism
Insider Threat - A Guide to Understanding, Detecting, and Defending Against the Enemy from Within
Managing Cyber Security Risk exam
This course will prepare you for the Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP) examination set by IBTIGQ.
The exam takes place on the last day of the training programme and there is no extra charge for taking the exam.
This course is equivalent to:
21 CPD points
What qualifications will I receive?
Managing Cyber Security Risk (CCRMP).
This course is accredited by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
You can demonstrate your professional and practical knowledge and expertise by registering your qualification on the IBITGQ/GASQ successful candidate register.
Do I need to bring proof of identity?
Delegates must bring a form of photographic ID with them as the invigilator my request to check it prior to the exam.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
Learn from anywhere with our range of instructor-led courses
Wherever you are in the world, you can now attend an IT Governance online course, and get the full benefit of a classroom session.
To make your life as easy as possible, we offer 3 ways to attend an instructor-led course:
Our instructor-led courses are hosted at professional training centres located in major cities across the UK.
Our instructor-led Live Online courses are hosted and delivered live by one of our expert trainers.
Learn from anywhere
Our instructor-led Classroom / Live Online courses give you the flexibility of attending a classroom course, either in person or by joining the classroom course online.
The benefits of learning from anywhere
Choosing an online option means you save on travel, parking, hotels and other fees.
Learn and obtain a professional certification from the comfort of your home.
Our courses use the latest conferencing technology that is compatible with all devices.
Our trainers focus on maximising audience participation and getting the most out of our online attendees.
All trainers have been hand-picked for their technical and practical expertise.
You have full control over your course booking, meaning you can edit delegate details, course dates and any special requirements.
Our Classroom / Live Online courses give you the full experience of a classroom course, whether you attend in person or to join the classroom online from your home or office.
Find out more about the benefits of learning from anywhere
See what our previous delegates think about this course
“Michael was very entertaining, and engaged with the class the entire time. He brought a wealth of experience with him to the classes and his teaching style is very adaptive. The practical demonstrations were very relevant and I learned a lot during the week. Thank you very much”
- Martin Hart, Lead Cyber Security Engineer - Identity and Access Management
“I thought the trainer was very informative and engaged really well with the rest of the group. She really interacted and was able to provide vital knowledge to the rest of the group.”
- Cieran, classroom delegate.
"On-line training is the way to go! Cost-effective, could still cover all bases - work and home, with no travel, accommodation, meals +++ costs, etc.”
- Gillian, Live Online delegate.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|19 May 2021||Online|
|18 Aug 2021||Online|
|17 Nov 2021||Online|