- ITIL® 4 is the latest version of the ITIL framework for IT service management (ITSM) released in January 2019, with more than 5 million certified practitioners worldwide.
- Delivered completely online - study at your own time and pace.
- Nearly 4 hours of recorded tutorials across 6 modules, 7 knowledge recap sections, 4 knowledge checks, 2 sample exam papers, 5 sets of flash card activities and a glossary of terms.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ITIL® 4 Foundation qualification and 21 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
The ITIL 4 Foundation course will:
- Provide learners with an understanding of the ITIL 4 service management framework and how it has evolved to adopt modern technologies and ways of working;
- Explain the concepts of the service management framework to support learners studying for the ITIL 4 Foundation exam; and
- Act as a reference guide that practitioners can use in their work, further studies and professional development.
What does this course cover?
- The key concepts of IT service management, including defining key words, describing key concepts of creating value and service relationships;
- How the seven ITIL guiding principles can help an organisation adopt and adapt service management;
- The four dimensions of service management;
- The purpose and components of the ITIL service value system;
- Activities of the service value chain and how they interconnect;
- The purpose and key terms of 15 out of the 35 ITIL practices; and
- A deep dive of seven of the ITIL practices.
What’s included in this course?
- Access to the course online via our LMS (learning management system);
- A free copy of the ITIL Foundation, ITIL 4 Edition textbook;
- The ITIL 4 Foundation exam; and
- Access to a monthly security bulletin on the LMS put together by our in-house information security experts to keep you up to date with the latest threats.
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points. These points are delivered through video learning and activities, with any self-study points being additional.
Who should attend this course?
This course is suited to IT and business students taking their first steps in service management, as well as seasoned professionals familiar with earlier versions of ITIL and other sources of industry best practice.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re acknowledged leaders – in ITSM, ISO 27001, information security, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.