- IBITGQ accredited instructor-led online training course.
- Learn how to extend an ISO 27001-compliant audit programme and conduct PIMS (privacy information management system) audits against ISO/IEC 27701.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-Certificated Certified ISO 27701 PIMS Lead Auditor (CPI LA) qualification and 14 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course will teach you how to extend an ISO 27001-compliant audit programme and conduct PIMS audits against ISO/IEC 27701, in line with international data protection regimes such as the GDPR and DPA 2018.
The course covers:
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27701;
- Best-practice audit methodology based on ISO/IEC 19011 and ISO/IEC 17065, allowing you to master audit techniques;
- How to demonstrate compliance with the GDPR and other data privacy obligations around the processing of PII (personally identifiable information); and
- Practical working knowledge of ISO/IEC 27701 in addition to the skills and expertise needed to competently manage a PIMS audit programme.
What does this training cover?
- What ISO 27701 is and the relationships between ISO 27701, ISO 27001 and the GDPR.
- The structure of ISO 27701 and how to navigate the Standard.
- The requirements and guidelines specific to protection of PII.
- Privacy procedures, methods, tools and technologies.
- How to map ISO 27701 to existing frameworks.
- The PIMS auditing process.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27701 Certified PIMS Lead Auditor (CPI LA) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Day 2: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Before taking this course participants should have:
- A fundamental understanding of information security and privacy, and a good knowledge of management system audit principles and ISO/IEC 27001:2013; and
- Ideally passed an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor course or equivalent with a recognised awarding body such as IBITGQ, IRCA, RBQSA, PECB or other as the ISO 27701 course builds upon that methodology.
Who should attend this course?
- Auditors seeking to conduct and lead PIMS certification audits.
- Managers or consultants seeking to master a PIMS audit process.
- IT/information security consultants.
- Individuals responsible for maintaining conformance with PIMS requirements.
- Technical experts preparing for a PIMS audit.
- Expert advisors in the protection of PII.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.