About the course
The Certified ISO 27701 PIMS Lead Implementer Live Online Training Course outline
Every organisation that processes personal data/PII (personally identifiable information) is subject to increasingly heavy regulation, with the introduction of data privacy laws such as the GDPR, DPA 2018 and CCPA.
Implementing an ISO 27701-compliant PIMS demonstrates your commitment to data privacy, and provides proof of the security measures you have implemented, should you suffer a data breach.
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course equips you to lead an ISO/IEC 27701 PIMS implementation project. It is delivered by an experienced data privacy trainer and consultant, who will use a combination of formal training, practical exercises and relevant case studies.
The benefits of Live Online training
- All the interactive benefits of classroom training from the convenience of your desk.
- Fits into your normal schedule, with courses taking place between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Available from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Saves the time of unnecessary travel or periods away from work.
- Reduced cost with no travel or accommodation required.
- Interactive instruction delivered by an expert trainer.
- Immediate access to online exams.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in privacy information management, as a PII controller, PII processor, lead implementer or as part of an implementation team.
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- Cyber security consultant
- Head of IT
- CISO (chief information security officer)
- GDPR consultant
- Information security analyst
- ISMS manager
- Network manager
- Privacy manager
- Data protection manager
- Project manager
- Corporate governance manager
- Risk and compliance manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Certified ISO 27701 PIMS Lead Implementer Live Online Training cover?
- Why personal information management is important to an organisation.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27701.
- The relationship between ISO 27701 and ISO 27001 (and other management system standards).
- The PIMS-specific requirements related to ISO 27001.
- The PIMS-specific requirements related to ISO 27002.
- The documentation you should keep as part of your PIMS.
- Privacy impact assessments.
- The importance of staff awareness training to comply with data protection regimes.
- The relationship between data controllers and processors, with regard to data transfers.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27701 certification audit and ensure you pass first time.
- Responding to data security incidents, including relevant notifications.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27701.
- The role and structure of a privacy information policy.
- Annex A – PIMS objectives and controls for data/PII controllers.
- Annex B – PIMS objectives and controls for data/PII processors.
- Annex D – mapping to the GDPR.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27701 Certified PIMS Lead Implementer (CPI LI) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
This course is delivered as a WebEx Live Online session. Participants booked on this course are expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office. You will need to take the exam on a PC, Mac or laptop. Docked devices cannot be used when sitting the exam.
To ensure that the WebEx client works properly on your computer, we recommend using the test session functionality offered by WebEx.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am–5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 14 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27701 PIMS Lead Implementer exam
Participants take the ISO 17024-certificated ISO 27701 Certified PIMS Lead Implementer (CPI LI) exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 90-minute multiple-choice online exam, comprising 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
To sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later);
- Internet access for the duration of the exam;
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker; and
- A working webcam on the machine you are using to sit the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
Certified ISO 27701 PIMS Lead Implementer (CPI LI)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|05 Oct 2021||Online|