About the course
- Delivered by expert practicing auditors.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person. Find out more.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ and CIISec (The Chartered Institute of Information Security) accredited, five-day training course.
- 99% pass rate to becoming a certified ISO 27001 Lead Auditor.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-certificated ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA) and 35 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
Brought to you by the team that led the world’s first ISO 27001 implementation projects, this course will teach you:
The skills to conduct second-party (supplier) and third-party (external and certification) Information Security Management System audits;
How to lead a team of auditors and gain the skills to achieve compliance with ISO 27001;
How to competently manage an ISMS audit program; and
The best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011 allowing you to master audit techniques.
COVID-19: remote delivery options
We would like to reassure our clients that all training courses will go ahead as scheduled during the current COVID-19 situation. As a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online. Please also refer to our COVID-19 policy.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor training course benefits
Aligned with best practice
Aligned with the best-practice ISO 19011:2011 (Guidelines for auditing management systems) audit methodology.
Led by specialists
An experienced ISO 27001 auditor and practitioner will explain how to lead an audit from start to finish.
Learn from anywhere
Choose whether you attend Live Online or in person at one of our training venues throughout the UK.
You receive market leading training at an extremely competitive price.
Designed by experts
Designed by IT Governance Director Steve Watkins, a contracted technical assessor for UKAS, where he helps with the assessment of certification bodies.
Gain experience of the practical application of the audit process to ISO management systems through discussion and role play.
See what our previous learners think about this course
99% of delegates passed first time.
92% were happy with the pace of the course.
94% found the course content to meet their expectations.
96% agreed the course content was relevant.
"Extremely engaging course which was very well delivered by Arnie! I was really impressed with not only his extensive knowledge of the ISO 27001 Standard, but his breadth of real world experiences to provide clear interpretations of each particular aspect of audit. Would 100% recommend if you're in an audit role! "
- Joe Edwards, Operational Audit Officer, Office for National Statistics
"I can recommend this course to anyone who needs an ISO 27001 Lead Auditor qualification. The trainer, exam and lessons are amazing. As a trainer myself, I have to say this is one of the best courses I have ever attended.”
- Michael Wilson, IAL Consultants
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who want a globally-recognised ISO 27001 lead auditor qualification to further their careers, and at managers who are responsible for the implementation and maintenance of an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS.
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- Compliance Auditor
- GDPR consultant
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- Cyber Security Consultant
- Head of IT
- Information and risk manager
- Information security analyst
- Information Security Officer
- Internal Auditor
- ISMS manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor training course cover?
This course will cover:
- An overview of the structure and major requirements of ISO/IEC 27001.
- An overview of the audit process used by certification bodies.
- The purpose, benefits and core principles of effective auditing.
- Common auditing terms and definitions.
- Critical skills required for performing an audit.
- Best-practice audit methodology based on ISO 19011.
- How to establish, maintain and manage an audit programme.
- How to plan, conduct, report, summarise and follow-up on an audit.
- Effective interviewing techniques and observation skills.
- How to use audits to identify nonconformities and ensure appropriate corrective action is taken.
- How to assess and evaluate the competence of auditors.
- Accredited certification audit specifics.
- How the audit process is used in first, second and third-party audits.
- How to apply continual improvement of the ISMS.
- Purpose and benefits of audits
- Role of auditors
- Role of standards in audits
- Audit terms and definitions
- Principles of auditing
- Managing an audit programme
- Performing an audit
- Observing and listening
- Reporting and Summarising Audit Findings
- Conducting Audit Follow-up
- Competence and Evaluation of Auditors
- Accredited Certification Audit specifics
- Auditing an Information Security Management System to ISO 27001:2013
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Your complete training programme
This course is part of our training programme. You can download your training pathway below to find your next recommended courses.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 4: 9:15 am – 5:00 pm
Day 5: 9:15 am – 1:30 pm
London and Manchester.
This course is equivalent to 35 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Lead Auditor training course exam
Attendees take the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA), ISO 17024-certificated, exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 90-minute multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Auditor (CIS LA).
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
Learn from anywhere with our range of instructor-led courses
Wherever you are in the world, you can now attend an IT Governance online course, and get the full benefit of a classroom session.
To make your life as easy as possible, we offer 3 ways to attend an instructor-led course:
Our instructor-led courses are hosted at professional training centres located in major cities across the UK.
Our instructor-led Live Online courses are hosted and delivered live by one of our expert trainers.
Learn from anywhere
Our instructor-led Classroom / Live Online courses give you the flexibility of attending a classroom course, either in person or by joining the classroom course online.
The benefits of learning from anywhere
Choosing an online option means you save on travel, parking, hotels and other fees.
Learn and obtain a professional certification from the comfort of your home.
Our courses use the latest conferencing technology that is compatible with all devices.
Our trainers focus on maximising audience participation and getting the most out of our online attendees.
All trainers have been hand-picked for their technical and practical expertise.
You have full control over your course booking, meaning you can edit delegate details, course dates and any special requirements.
Our Classroom / Live Online courses give you the full experience of a classroom course, whether you attend in person or to join the classroom online from your home or office.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|16 Aug 2021||Online|
|13 Sep 2021||Online|
|11 Oct 2021||Online|
|22 Nov 2021||Online|
|06 Dec 2021||Online|