- This fully accredited self-paced online course covers the nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant information security management system (ISMS).
- Contains ten modules, with access for 1 year giving you the time to complete the course in your own time
- Developed by the team that led the world’s first successful ISO 27001 implementation project.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-certificated ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Lead Implementer (CIS LI) qualification and 21 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
This fully accredited, practitioner-led course will equip you with the key skills involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS
It will teach you:
- The nine key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an ISO 27001-compliant ISMS;
- Information security management best practices to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data;
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project; and
- Typical pitfalls and challenges and how to deal with them.
What does this training course cover?
- Why information security management (ISM) is important to an organisation.
- The role and structure of an information security policy.
- The key concepts, principles and main requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
- The terms and definitions used in the Standard, including risk and options for risk assessments.
- How to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to determine the scope of your ISMS.
- How to secure senior management commitment by building a compelling business case.
- How to structure and manage your ISO 27001 project.
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities for your ISO 27001 implementation.
- How to review and map your existing controls to Annex A of ISO 27001.
- The importance of the Statement of Applicability (SoA), and justifications for inclusions and exclusions.
- How to carry out an information security risk assessment – the core competence of information security management.
- The benefits of, and key issues when selecting, a risk assessment tool.
- How to develop a management framework, write policies and produce other critical documentation.
- The importance of staff, an effective communication strategy and general awareness training.
- The key elements of management review.
- How to prepare for your ISO 27001 certification audit and ensure you that you pass first time.
- How to manage and drive continual improvement under ISO 27001.
- Project mandate
- Project initiation
- ISMS initiation
- Management framework
- Baseline security criteria
- Risk management
- Annex A controls
- Measure, monitor, review and improve
What’s included in this course?
- Comprehensive documentation (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- A CIS LI exam voucher;
- A certificate of attendance; and
- Access to a monthly security bulletin on the Learning Management System (LMS), put together by our in-house information security experts to keep you up to date with the latest threats.
What equipment should I bring?
- You will need a computer for the duration of this course.
- You will receive a voucher valid for six months for the ISO 27001 CIS LI exam when you buy this course.
Course duration and times
Ten modules – learn in your own time as your schedule allows.
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in information security management, writing information security policies or implementing ISO 27001, either as a lead implementer or as part of an implementation team:
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT/ Information Security Officer
- IT/ Information Security Project Manager
- Cyber security consultant
- Head of IT
- CISO (Chief Information Security Officer)
- GDPR Consultant
- Information security analyst
- ISMS Manager
- Network manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.