About the course
The Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation Distance Learning training course outline
Learn about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard at your own pace.
This distance learning course is a modular recording of our popular one-day ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation classroom course, which provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance with the Standard.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management.
- IT/ Information Security Analyst
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Project Manager
- Head of IT
- Operations/ Quality manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
IT Governance is internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001. Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 7,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
Distance learning lets you learn in your own time from the comfort of your own home or office. Stop and start the recording according to your schedule, repeat modules that you want to go over again or skip parts that cover familiar topics. If you have a busy schedule and cannot commit to a whole day’s uninterrupted training, this is the solution for you.
Because this is a recorded session, you get just the undiluted core content, delivered in the most time-efficient manner, without any of the interruptions normally associated with a classroom course.
What does Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation Distance Learning training course cover?
The course will cover:
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of an ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
- Drivers for ISO 27001
- Standards: what they are and why they are important
- Documentation and Management Systems
- Management Commitment
- Overview of ISO 27001
- Implementing ISO 27001: Scoping, Planning, Communication
- Risk Assessment and Security Controls
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
- After placing your order online, you will receive an email within 48 business hours with an online link and login details to the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer learning portal.
- You will also receive a separate confirmation email outlining the next steps for sitting the exam.
- Access to a monthly security bulletin on the Learning Management System (LMS), put together by our in-house information security experts to keep you up to date with the latest threats.
What equipment should I bring?
- You will need a computer for the duration of this course.
- You will receive a voucher valid for six months for the ISO 27001 CIS F exam when you buy this course.
Your complete training programme
This course is part of our training programme. You can download your training pathway below to find your next recommended courses.
Course duration and times
Seven modules – learn in your own time as your schedule allows.
This course is equivalent to 7 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation Distance Learning training course exam
Attendees sit the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) examination – a 60-minute, multiple-choice, ISO 17024-certificated exam set by IBITGQ – at the end of the course. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
- The exam uses automated remote proctoring.
- You will be monitored online through your webcam and your results will be confirmed once the footage of your examination has been reviewed by the certification body.
- System requirements:
- Internet access for the full duration of the exam.
- A Flash-compatible webcam (built-in or external).
- Adobe Flash Player installed and activated.
- Proctoring software downloaded and installed on your computer.
- Important: Before purchase, please check with your IT department that you have permission to download software on your computer.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F).
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|