About the course
The Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation training course outline
Learn about ISO 27001 best practice and find out how to achieve compliance with the Standard. Our popular one-day ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation classroom course, provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve compliance with the Standard.
Need this information to hand? Why not download our product summary with all essential course information you need for budget requests.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone interested in or about to undertake an ISO 27001 project or who wishes to build a career in information security management.
- IT/ Information Security Analyst
- IT/ Information Security Manager
- IT/ Information Security Consultant
- IT/ Information Security Project Manager
- Head of IT
- Operations/ Quality manager
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation training course cover?
- An overview of available standards and management system documentation.
- The benefits of ISMS certification.
- An overview of ISO 27001 and its application.
- Key elements of ISMS implementation project planning.
- The core elements of an ISMS.
- The key steps of an ISO 27001 risk assessment.
- An overview of the ISO 27001 Annex A controls.
- Drivers for ISO 27001.
- Standards: what they are and why they are important.
- Documentation and Management Systems.
- Management Commitment.
- Overview of ISO 27001.
- Implementing ISO 27001: Scoping, Planning, Communication.
- Risk Assessment and Security Controls.
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F) exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment should I bring?
The exam is an online exam. You will need to bring a ‘pop-up enabled’ laptop/tablet to the venue. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Your complete training programme
This course is part of our training programme. You can download your training pathway below to find your next recommended courses.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9.30 am – 5.00 pm
This course is equivalent to 7 CPD/CPE points.
Certified ISO 27001 ISMS Foundation training course exam
Attendees take the ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F), ISO 17024-certificated, exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. This is a 60-minute multiple-choice online exam, consisting of 40 questions. Candidates need to achieve a minimum of 65% to pass. There is no extra charge for taking the exam.
What qualifications will I receive?
ISO 27001 Certified ISMS Foundation (CIS F)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Where exams are taken online (either remotely or by computer in the classroom), provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|26 Oct 2021||Online|
|16 Nov 2021||Online|
|14 Dec 2021||Online|