- Learn from specialist consultants and gain the practical knowledge and skills required to plan and execute audits of a business continuity management system (BCMS)
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ and CIISec (The Chartered Institute of Information Security) accredited, five-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Lead Auditor (CBC LA) qualification and 35 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
The ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Lead Auditor training course provides attendees with a comprehensive understanding of the requirements of an audit and the knowledge required to execute the audit of a BCMS to ensure its conformity to the ISO 22301:2019 standard.
What does this training course cover?
This course provides delegates with the practical knowledge and skills required to plan and execute audits of Business Continuity Management Systems in line with the requirements specified by the ISO 22301:2019 standard.
- Purpose and Benefits of Audits
- Role of Auditors
- Role of standards in audits
- Audit terms and definitions
- Principles of Auditing
- Managing an Audit Programme
- Performing an Audit
- Observing and Listening
- Reporting and Summarising Audit Findings
- Conducting Audit Follow-up
- Competence and Evaluation of Auditors
- Accredited Certification Audit specifics
- Auditing a Business Continuity Management System to ISO 22301: 2012
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Lead Auditor exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 10:00am – 5:00pm
Day 2: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Day 3: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Day 4: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Day 5: 9:30am – 1:00pm
Who should attend this course?
Those responsible for implementing a business continuity management system (BCMS) or individuals who wish to understand the benefits of compliance with the ISO 22301 standard, including:
- Business continuity managers
- IT managers
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Emergency planners
- ISO 22301 auditors
- Quality managers
- Emergency planners
Why choose IT Governance?
- We’re the leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
- We are leaders in ISO 22301 and Business Continuity Management - all our courses are designed by experts and delivered by experienced trainers.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available to download 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.