- Develop the skills required to implement an ISO 22301-compliant business continuity management system (BCMS).
- Comprehensive and practical coverage of ISO 22301 delivered by specialist consultants.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ and CIISec (The Chartered Institute of Information Security) accredited, three-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Lead Implementer (CBC LI) qualification and 21 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
Gain the knowledge and skills required to implement an ISO 22301-compliant business continuity management system (BCMS) in your organisation in just three days with this practical course. It provides a complete introduction to the key elements required to achieve ISO 22301 certification, including:
- How to scope, policy and objectives of the BCMS;
- How to allocate roles and responsibilities in the ISO 22301 implementation project;
- How to carry out the business impact assessment and the risk assessment;
- The importance of an effective incident response structure; and
- How to assess the impact of disruption.
What does this training course cover?
- Determine the scope, policy and objectives of the BCMS;
- Deliver the ISO 22301 project using change management techniques;
- Allocate roles and responsibilities in the ISO 22301 implementation project;
- Explain how to carry out the business impact assessment and the risk assessment (the core competence of BCM);
- Explain how to assess the impact of disruption;
- Recognise the importance of an effective incident response structure;
- Explain the importance of an effective communication strategy;
- Write policies and produce other critical documentation;
- Understand the importance of staff and general awareness training;
- Define the key elements of a management review;
- Manage and drive continual improvement;
- Prepare the organisation for its initial ISO 22301 certification audit and surveillance visits; and
- Identify key issues in ensuring that the organisation passes the audit first time.
- Terms and definitions
- Business continuity standards overview
- BCMS context and scope
- BCMS leadership and planning
- BCMS programme plan
- Operation & strategy
- Performance evaluation
- Continual improvement
- Certification audit process
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Lead Implementer exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 09:30am – 4:30pm
Day 2: 09:15am – 4:30pm
Day 3: 09:30am – 3:30pm
Who should attend this course?
This training course is ideal for anyone involved in or responsible for implementing a BCMS that complies with ISO 22301:
- Business continuity managers
- IT managers
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Operations managers
- Emergency planners
- ISO 22301 lead auditor
This course is eligible for funding under the MoD ELCAS scheme and is suitable for serving members of the MoD or service leavers who wish to develop a career in information security management.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re the leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
- We are leaders in ISO 22301 and Business Continuity Management - all our courses are designed by experts and delivered by experienced trainers.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available to download 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.