- Discover the requirements of a business continuity management system (BCMS).
- Learn from specialist consultants and gain a comprehensive introduction to the ISO/IEC 22301:2019 standard
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ accredited one-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Foundation (CBC F) qualification and 7 CPD/CPE points.
What does this training course cover?
- Understand business continuity concepts, terms and definitions;
- Explain the benefits of a BCMS to an organisation;
- Recognise the process elements of a BCMS;
- Understand the principles of business impact analysis and risk assessment;
- Understand the principles of incident response and business continuity management;
- Understand the principles of exercising business continuity arrangements;
- Understand how the Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle is applied to a BCMS; and
- Appreciate the benefits of accredited certification.
- Overview of BCM
- ISO 22301 Certification
- BIA & Risk Assessment
- Strategy & Plans
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The ISO 22301 Certified BCMS Foundation Training Course exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam. Full details on how to access the exam will be provided by email 1–2 days before sitting the exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 09:30am – 4:00pm
Training course outline
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to the ISO/IEC 22301:2019 standard and the requirements of a business continuity management system (BCMS), including:
- Understanding business continuity concepts, terms and definitions.
- The benefits of a BCMS to an organisation.
- The process elements of a BCMS.
- The principles of business impact analysis and risk assessment.
- The principles of incident response and business continuity management.
- The principles of exercising business continuity arrangements.
Who should attend this course?
Those responsible for implementing a business continuity management system (BCMS) or individuals who wish to understand the benefits of compliance with the ISO 22301 standard, including:
- Business continuity managers
- IT managers
- Business managers
- Quality managers
- Compliance managers
- Project managers
- ISO 22301 auditors
- Emergency planners
Why choose IT Governance?
- We’re the leading global provider of IT governance, risk management and compliance solutions.
- We are leaders in ISO 22301 and Business Continuity Management - all our courses are designed by experts and delivered by experienced trainers.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available to download 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.