- One-day, accredited, expert-led course delivered completely online allowing you to study at your own time and pace.
- Understand how the CPRA (California Privacy Rights Act) applies to your organisation and get to grips with the implementation path to ensure compliance.
- Gain a valuable qualification, and help avoid heavy fines and reputational damage.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024 Certificated, California Privacy Rights Act Foundation (CPRA F) qualification and 7 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
The California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA) came into effect on 1 January 2023. It is a new California data protection law that is widely viewed as the state’s version of the EU's GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation).
It enhances the existing privacy laws in the state of California – the CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act). It The law gives people more control over their personal data, and holds businesses more accountable for protecting the data they collect and process.
Once you have completed this course , you will be able to:
- Examine the CPRA’s security requirements and prepare relevant responses;
- Use the CPRA to determine what action(s) should be taken in the event of a breach;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the CPRA's penalty provisions;
- Demonstrate an understanding of privacy and cyber security law concepts, and the basis of national/state jurisdiction;
- Articulate the rights of consumers, and determine the duties of a business; and
- Define terms used in the CPRA and contrast to the GDPR.
What does this course cover?
- Privacy and cyber security law concepts, and basis of national/state jurisdiction;
- Terms in the CPRA and how they compare to those in the GDPR;
- The rights of a consumer and the duties of a business ;
- CPRA security requirements;
- Actions to be taken in the event of a breach; and
- Penalties under the CPRA.
You will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Demonstrate an understanding of privacy and cybersecurity law concepts, and basis of national and state jurisdiction (10%)
- Define terms used in the CPRA and contrast to the GDPR (10%)
- Articulate the rights of consumers, and determine the duties of a business (30%)
- Examine the CPRA’s security requirements (20%)
- Use the CPRAto determine what action(s) should be taken in the event of a breach (10%)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the CPRA’s penalty provisions (20%).
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (accessed via the LMS);
- California Privacy Rights Act Foundation exam; and
- Certificate of attendance
Who should attend this course?
The course is suitable for anyone involved in information management, data protection compliance or data privacy compliance, or part of implementation programmes for different organisations either located or doing business in the state of California. This might include:
- Information security personnel responsible for implementing and maintaining cyber security and privacy systems
- Executive management, senior leaders, and other personnel who need to understand California requirements for managing consumer information
- Those who have attended the GDPR Foundation and Practitioner courses, and want to develop their knowledge of U.S. privacy and cyber security regulations
- Lawyers and attorneys who want to advise clients on changes in the U.S. privacy and cyber security regulatory environment.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided within our LMS (learning management system), allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.