Enquire about this course
About the course
- Gain the knowledge and skills to implement an effective compliance programme under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- This course contains 15 modules and takes a total of 7 hours.
- Access to the self-paced course is available for 1 year, giving you the time to complete the course in your own time.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-certificated EU GDPR Practitioner (EU GDPR P) qualification and 9 CPD/CPE points.
What does this course cover?
- The role of the DPO (data protection officer).
- What constitutes personal data.
- Accountability, the privacy compliance framework and a PIMS (personal information management system).
- Lessons to be learned from common data security failures.
- The six data protection principles – how to apply them and demonstrate compliance.
- The security of personal data.
- An organisational risk management framework.
- Legal requirements for a DPIA.
- Why and how to conduct a data mapping exercise.
- The rights of data subjects.
- Giving and withdrawing consent.
- Handling DSARs.
- The roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them.
- Transferring personal data outside the EU and the mechanisms for compliance.
Training course outline
The self-paced online Certified General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Practitioner course will focus on:
- The application of the Regulation;
- How the data protection principles work in practice;
- The policies and procedures necessary, and;
- Practical guidance on how to implement an effective privacy and information security compliance programme.
Course duration and times
This course contains 15 modules and takes a total of 7 hours. Learn at your own pace.
This course is equivalent to 9 CPD/CPE points.
Who should attend this course?
Managers with responsibility or involvement for making sure their organisations become GDPR compliant, such as:
- Privacy managers;
- Data protection managers;
- Information security managers;
- IT managers;
- Project managers;
- Corporate governance managers;
- Risk and compliance managers;
- General or privacy counsels; and
- Individuals with little experience but who wish to enter the field of data protection with a professional qualification.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on GDPR – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course and the only one that’s ISO 17024- certificated and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR.
- We offer more GDPR training dates and locations that anyone else.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.