About the course
Cyber Security for Executive Management Live Online Training Course
(Leave a review)
This 3-hour awareness course will cover your legal, regulatory and contractual responsibilities in relation to cyber security. You will also learn about the biggest threats in cyber security today with examples of the impact these have on organisations like yours. Don’t delay – learn how to protect your organisation today.
The Cyber Security for Executive Management live online training course outline
You’ll be hard-pressed to find any organisation today that doesn’t have IT infrastructure or doesn’t rely on the Internet. Advances in technology offer new opportunities, but also introduce new – and ever-changing – threats. Management needs to understand and know how to mitigate the cyber security threats organisations face on a daily basis.
This course covers the threat landscape and the legal regulatory and contractual obligations organisations face. You’ll learn the different types of malware and social engineering and the risks associated with remote working, mobile devices, supply chains and social media.
- The benefits of the Cyber Security for Executive Management live online training course
- This course is ideal if you are in an executive or senior management position.
- The course is three hours long, with a half hour Q&A with an experienced cyber security consultant included.
Unique Live Online training
- All the interactive benefits of classroom training from the convenience of your desk.
- Fits into your normal schedule, with courses taking place between 9:30 am and 5:30 pm.
- Available from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Save the time of unnecessary travel or periods away from work.
- Reduced cost with no travel or accommodation required.
- Interactive instruction delivered by an expert trainer.
Who should attend this course?
Anyone involved in the management of an organisation who wishes to understand their legal, contractual and regulatory responsibilities for cyber security. You will also gain a deeper understanding into the threats that face your organisation.
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on GDPR – our team introduced the world’s first certified GDPR Foundation and Practitioner training course and the only one that’s ISO 17024- certificated and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on the GDPR.
- We offer more GDPR training dates and locations that anyone else.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, Live Online, distance learning, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does the Cyber Security for Executive Management live online training course cover?
The course will cover:
- What cyber and information security are, and how they differ from one another.
- The threat landscapes and potential impacts.
- Your legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
- Remote working and the associated risks.
- The different types of malware, including DDoS (distributed denial of service), ransomware, cryptojacking and zero-day infections, and how these affect the operation of your organisation.
- Humans and social engineering, and what you can do to stop your staff being your biggest threat.
- Mobile devices, social media and safe browsing.
- Cloud security.
- Supply chain security.
- Secure software development.
- How you (as a senior leader) can make a difference to your organisation’s cyber security.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
There are no pre-requisites for sitting this course.
Is there any recommended-reading?
We recommend that you purchase and read the following textbooks:
Build a Security Culture
The Case for ISO 27001:2013
Cyber Essentials – A pocket guide
How Cyber Security Can Protect Your Business - Available from out sister company IT Governance Publishing.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|05 Nov 2021||Online|