- Provides a full introduction to developing a cyber incident response programme to protect your business.
- Learn how to effectively manage and respond to a disruptive incident, such as a data breach or cyber attack.
- Learn from anywhere – choose whether you attend our courses Live Online or in person.
- Our Classroom / Live Online option allows you to study your way, keeping travel and costs down to a minimum.
- IBITGQ accredited specialist led one-day training course.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the ISO 17024-Certificated Cyber Incident Response Management (CIRM F) qualification and 7 CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
Cyber attacks are now classed as the top threat to organisations. With the average cost of a cyber attack being £857,000 the financial implications for businesses are not something to ignore. It’s not just the financial loss but the damage to brand and reputation that businesses need to plan for.
This course will teach you:
- The components of the cyber kill chain;
- How to recognise common cyber threats and understand common threat actors; and
- How to define the structure, role and responsibilities of the cyber incident response team.
What does this training course cover?
- Understand key definitions and legal requirements that underpin incident response.
- Identify the components of the cyber kill chain, recognise common cyber threats and understand common threat actors.
- Define the structure, role and responsibilities of the incident response team.
- Comprehend the seven stages of incident response.
- Propose the steps to formulate and test an incident response plan and define the scope of a business impact analysis.
- Apply incident response techniques to common risk scenarios.
- Know the role of cyber resilience in supporting incident response management.
- Manage communications and reporting requirements under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive).
- What is incident response management?
- Cyber risk
- The cyber incident response team
- The cyber incident response process
- The cyber incident response plan
- Cyber incident response scenarios
- Scenario practical exercise
- Cyber resilience
What’s included in this course?
- A professional training venue with lunch and refreshments;
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The Cyber incident Response Management exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
What equipment do I need?
You will need a laptop for the duration of your course and exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00am – 5.00pm
COVID-19: remote delivery options
We would like to reassure our clients that all training courses will go ahead as scheduled during the current COVID-19 situation. As a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
Who should attend this course?
Managers who are already involved in incident management with either an information security or data protection background. Individuals with little experience who are keen to enter the field or broaden their knowledge of cyber incident management with a professional qualification.
- Business managers
- Compliance managers
- IT managers
- Helpdesk managers
- Project managers
- Risk managers
- Information security managers
- ISO 27001 lead auditors
- PCI QSAs
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re acknowledged leaders - in ISO 27001, information security, GDPR and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.