Certified Cyber Security Practitioner Training Course
- Significantly enhance your career prospects as a cyber security implementation manager.
- Quickly gain the knowledge to assess cyber risk and implement effective technical and organisational controls.
- Lay the foundations for achieving the CISM® and CISSP® qualifications.
- Learn from anywhere. Choose the Classroom course, or the Live Online option to study your way and keep travel and costs down to a minimum.
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the IBITGQ Certified Cyber Security Practitioner (C CS P) qualification and 28 CPD/CPE points.
Training Course outline
This four-day course will give you the comprehensive knowledge necessary to protect your organisation from an array of cyber threats while operating within appropriate legal, regulatory and contractual frameworks.
You will learn how to deliver infrastructure, application, information and operational security by implementing appropriate technical and organisational controls. You will also learn how to deal with cyber security incidents and understand the basic principles of evidence collection and digital forensics.
At the end of the course you sit the Certified Cyber Security Practitioner (C CS P) exam. If you pass, you can demonstrate your professional and practical knowledge and expertise by registering your qualification on the GASQ successful candidate register.
What does this course cover?
- Basic principles of information security, governance and management
- Applying threat assessment and information risk management in an organisation
- Requirements, concepts and benefits of using enterprise information security architecture
- Understand auditing and compliance testing
- The principles involved in operational security management
- How to organise incident management, investigation and digital forensics tasks
- Legal and regulatory instruments of protection, privacy and identity management
- Business continuity, disaster recovery planning and information security.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file).
- The Certified Cyber Security Practitioner exam.
- A certificate of attendance.
COVID-19: remote delivery options
We would like to reassure our clients that all training courses will go ahead as scheduled during the current COVID-19 situation. As a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who have two or more years’ experience in IT and wish to develop a successful career in cyber security implementation or operations.
It is particularly suitable for those with a good understanding of wireless networks, routers, switches, firewalls and any other network components.
These individuals could be:
- Network administrators
- Database administrators
- Cloud architects
- IT helpdesk staff
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Learn from anywhere – as a company that fully embraces flexible and remote working, we have adjusted our delivery methods to allow you to learn from anywhere. Our Classroom / Live Online delivery option enables you to attend either in person or online.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.