CISMP Self-Paced Online Training Course
- Gain a well-respected qualification in information security management at your own pace.
- Perfect for anyone looking to further their information security knowledge or career.
- Understand the principles of information security and achieve an industry-recognised qualification in just one week with this specialist led course.
- Get an excellent base to guide professionals towards the more advanced CISSP® and CISM® examinations.
- By completing the course and passing the exam, you will achieve the IBCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles qualification.
- This course has been updated in accordance with the latest (2020) BCS materials and syllabus.
Training course outline
The CISMP qualification offers foundation training on information security management.
This training course is:
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute for IT (BCS)
- Delivered using a combination of consultant-delivered video and self-guided learning and activities.
- Developed by experts in information security management and remote learning to provide a well-rounded and context-appropriate delivery of the syllabus.
This course has been updated in accordance with the latest (2020) BCS materials and syllabus. These updates include:
- Alignment of terms related to risk assessment.
- Alignment of terms related to risk evaluation.
- Addition of new terminology (clickbait and third-party content).
- Update of terms:
- ‘contractors’ to ‘supply chain’
- ‘awareness and training’ to ‘continual professional development and training refreshment’
The exam is remotely proctored and included in the course fee, so it can be taken whenever you are ready (within one year of purchasing the course).
What does the CISMP self-paced online training course cover?
You will gain a solid understanding of risk management, technical controls, legal frameworks, physical security, international standards and business continuity, including:
- Information security management concepts, such as: confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA); vulnerabilities and threats; risks; and countermeasures;
- The national legislation and regulations relevant to information security management;
- The national and international standards (such as ISO 27001), frameworks and organisations that facilitate information security management;
- The current business and common technical environments in which information security management has to operate; and
- The categorisation, operation and effectiveness of controls of different types and characteristics.
- Needs and risk – including concepts, definitions and risk management.
- Corporate governance – including organisation and responsibility, policies standard and processes, forensics and cryptography.
- IT and technical – including malware, IT infrastructure and testing audit and review.
- Regulatory – including standards, system development and support, BCM and legal.
- People and training.
What’s included in this course?
- Access to the course materials online through a learning management system.
- BCS Information Security Management Principles, third edition textbook.
- The BCS Foundation Certificate in Information Security Management Principles exam.
- Access to a monthly security bulletin on the Learning Management System (LMS), put together by our in-house information security experts to keep you up to date with the latest threats.
What equipment should I bring?
After placing your order online, you will receive an email within 48 business hours with an online link and login details for the learning management system.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
Although there are no formal entry requirements, we assume that all participants have some IT knowledge.
Who should attend this course?
IT professionals who wish to develop a career in information security management. Existing IT managers who want to enhance their information security knowledge to ensure that information security management and controls are adequately implemented.
- GRC consultant
- IT/information security manager
- IT/information security analyst
- IT manager
- Project manager
- Infrastructure engineer
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re an acknowledged leader in ISO 27001, information security, the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and business continuity management training.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.