About the course
A CQI and IRCA certified ISMS ISO 27001 Auditor Conversion training course – recommended for existing Lead Auditors (Course ID: 2397)
This 3 day CQI and IRCA certified ISO 27001 Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) Auditor Conversion training course provides existing auditors with an understanding of the purpose and benefits of an ISMS and the knowledge and skills to undertake first, second and third-party audits against ISO 27001.
The course incorporates a range of engaging modules, workshops and a simulated audit to allow delegates to put idea learnt into practise. Delegates will work as part of an audit team to practise undertaking a risk based ISMS audit inclusive of planning an ISMS audit, conducting a stage 2 ISMS audit and writing a nonconformity report. Assessment is by continuous assessment and an examination on the final day.
- The purpose and benefits of an ISMS
- The requirements of ISMS documented information
- Auditing a risk assessment
- The role of the ISMS Auditor
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an ISMS
- Legal compliance
- Processes involved in establishing, implementing, maintaining and reviewing an ISMS
- Reporting the audit, including nonconformity and audit reports
Who Should Attend
- Delegates who have achieved Lead Auditor certification in another discipline and wish to expand their knowledge to audit an ISMS against ISO 27001:2013
- Experienced auditors who wish undertake a 1st, 2nd or 3rd party audit against ISO 27001
Please note that CQI and IRCA expect delegates to have prior knowledge of the requirements (clauses) of ISO 27001. Some individuals may find it beneficial to attend our Introduction to ISO 27001 Training course. To learn more about prior knowledge requirements contact us.
On completion of this ISO 27001 Auditor Conversion Training Course delegates will be able to:
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an information security management system
- Establish conformity of a management system against ISO 27001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable
- Verify that the Statement of Applicability (SoA) contains the necessary controls (with reference to Annex A and ISO/IEC 27002)
- Evaluate the actions to address risks and opportunities
- Verify that the risk assessment has criteria for performing information security risk assessments
Where delegates have successfully completed a CQI & IRCA certified Lead Auditor training course in an alternative discipline, successful completion of this training course will meet the training requirements for certification as an Auditor through IRCA’s ISMS Scheme.
Our ISO 27001 ISMS Auditor Conversion Training Course can be held at your offices, a venue of your choice or within our Virtual Classroom on your chosen date. Dedicated training is often more cost effective and convenient for those looking to train three or more delegates.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|21 Jun 2021||Online|
|26 Jul 2021||Online|
|20 Sep 2021||Online|
|07 Dec 2021||Online|