About the course
Self-paced with Life Time Access Certificate on Completion Access on Android and iOS App
Stop attacks where they begin!
Computer and network security is very important and relevant in today's business world. Many system administrators and information technology professionals do not have formal training in computer security and may lack the budget to hire security professionals. They need an affordable solution to help them secure their data and improve their security posture.
This video course will enable you to close the gap and be well acquainted with basic security fundamentals to improve their security. You will learn how to secure infrastructure, such as wireless access points, firewalls, and servers. Moving ahead, learn to secure applications and data by vulnerability scanning and patching, encryption, data loss prevention, and backups. Finally you will learn how to protect users from malware, phishing, and social engineering attacks and disaster recovery.
By the end of the course, you will be a cyber security specialist capable of preventing data breaches and data loss, as these measures could save a company thousands of dollars. These topics are relevant to today's Information Technology environment and protection is vital to business success.
About the Author
Gary Dewey is an IT consultant specializing in security. A graduate of SUNY Broome's Computer Security and Forensics degree program in New York, he has attended numerous B-Sides conferences and spoken at B-Sides in Rochester, New York. Gary participated in the 2015 US Cyber Challenge held at Virginia Tech. He is an active member of the Triple Cities Makerspace, a non-profit organization dedicated to community collaboration and learning. He enjoys hiking and cats. He is also the author of the video course: Ethical Hacking for Beginners.
- Basic computer/network knowledge is required and some experience configuring computers and networks is desirable
What will you learn
- Get familiar with the Security–in-layers principle
- Configure firewalls, servers and wireless access points for security
- Protect your data with encryption, data loss prevention, and backups
- Secure applications by vulnerability assessment and patch management
- Protect users with training in social engineering, phishing, and malware attacks
- Master incident responses and disaster recovery plans/procedures
Number of Lectures: 15
Total Duration: 01:53:06
Protecting Computer and Network Infrastructure
5 lectures 39:46
Securing Applications and Data 5 lectures 42:46
Protecting Users 5 lectures 30:33