About the course
Starting 4th May, part-time Cyber Academy, 17 weeks.
Fully-funded spaces if you meet the West Midlands Combined Authority eligibility.
Self-Funded spaces for £2,995
Who the Programme is for and what it takes:
The Women In Cyber Academy is for motivated women keen to learn and passionate about working in the tech sector. You’ll need to be eager, tech-curious, a flexible thinker and you have to be ready to start full-time training.
If you’re a woman who’s looking for a new career, this programme is designed to help you develop skills to get into cyber security and technology. There are no special hurdles: we want women of all ages to apply.
During the Women in Cyber Academy students will earn the BCS Foundation Certificate Information Security Management Principles and the Python Institute’s Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification (PCEP). On completion of the BCS certificate students will receive a free 1-year Associate Membership to BCS.
We crafted the course content based on industry and real-world skill requirements, considering skill-gaps, to ensure that our graduates’ skill-sets set them up for a long-term career in tech, graduating ready to be employed.
What will you learn?
• Python Fundamentals
• HTML & CSS
• Cyber 101
• Network Security
• To build a portfolio to showcase their projects and demonstrate their understanding of programming.
• To learn best practices in the industry as well as debugging code.
• To understand how Linux is used in Penetration Testing and Cyber Security.
• Gain thorough knowledge of Network Security and how to mitigate any potential risks.
• Learn about Cyber Security and how is has evolved over the years and what threats are present today.
• Understanding of Agile and the frameworks to apply the principles to any future employment within the industry.
• Developing teamwork, leadership, and decision making/problem-solving skills.
How much will it cost?
WMCA eligible fully-funded OR self-funded £2,995
Eligibility for a WMCA fully-funded space:
• Be tech curious and have a keen interest in Cyber Security
• Be eligible for DV clearance- you must be a British Passport Holder AND have residency in the UK for minimum of 3 years
• Live full time in the West Midlands area of: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton (postcode dependant)
• MUST be looking to move into a tech role within 3 months of finishing the academy
• Be fully committed to starting a career in tech OR moving into a tech function with your current employer
• The right to live and work in the UK
• Have a National Insurance number
• Can engage with the course sessions and commit to completing the course
• Have not already completed a TTA funded academy
• Possess computing equipment (laptop or computer only) and steady internet connection to undergo the training
The process is simple:
• Interview – Interview with our Talent Team to assess your suitability for the course.
• Assessment – Undertake a psychometric test, similar to what is currently used in the industry at the moment.
We’re passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical).
Starting 4th May, part-time Cyber Academy, 17 weeks. Fully-funded spaces if you meet the West Midlands Combined Authority eligibility. Self-Funded spaces for £2,995.