About the course
Cyber attack is one of our biggest threats. We’re tackling it head on.
Starting 12th April, part-time Cyber Academy, 17 weeks.
Fully-funded spaces if you meet the West Midlands Combined Authority eligibility.
Self-Funded spaces for £2,995
Our diverse Cyber Academy initiative is a full or part-time cyber course aimed at upskilling individuals to an entry-level standard. We have developed the course content based on industry, academic and the skills required for real-world problems. The course has taken into consideration all of the critical skills necessary to ensure that our graduates gain the skills they need for a long-term career in tech.
We focus on our graduates becoming job-ready with hard and soft skills, including communication, collaborative working, creativity, problem-solving and the ability to work to deadlines in an agile environment.
During the Cyber Academy students will earn the BCS Foundation Certificate Information Security Management Principles and the Python Institute’s Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer Certification (PCEP). On completion of the BCS certificate students will receive a free 1-year Associate Membership to BCS.
• Learn the latest skills like Linux, Python, Network Security and more.
• Get ready for a career in high demand.
• Earn a qualification from BCS & The Python Institute.
• Build your network with peers and industry professionals.
Each module has either a practical project or tasks to demonstrate skills. Either of these approaches provides the delegate with the opportunity to demonstrate their understanding of the topic.
• Python Fundamentals
• HTML & CSS
• Cyber 101
• Network Security
• To build a portfolio to showcase their projects and demonstrate their understanding of programming.
• To learn best practices in the industry as well as debugging code.
• To understand how Linux is used in Penetration Testing and Cyber Security.
• Gain thorough knowledge of Network Security and how to mitigate any potential risks.
• Learn about Cyber Security and how is has evolved over the years and what threats are present today.
• Understanding of Agile and the frameworks to apply the principles to any future employment within the industry.
• Developing teamwork, leadership, and decision making/problem-solving skills.
Eligibility for a WMCA fully-funded space:
• Be tech curious and have a keen interest in Cyber Security
• Be eligible for DV clearance- you must be a British Passport Holder AND have residency in the UK for minimum of 3 years
• Live full time in the West Midlands area of: Birmingham, Coventry, Dudley, Sandwell, Solihull, Walsall, Wolverhampton (postcode dependant)
• MUST be looking to move into a tech role within 3 months of finishing the academy
• Be fully committed to starting a career in tech OR moving into a tech function with your current employer
• The right to live and work in the UK
• Have a National Insurance number
• Can engage with the course sessions and commit to completing the course
• Have not already completed a TTA funded academy
• Possess computing equipment (laptop or computer only) and steady internet connection to undergo the training
The process is simple:
• Interview – Interview with our Talent Team to assess your suitability for the course.
• Assessment – Undertake a psychometric test, similar to what is currently used in the industry at the moment.
We’re passionate about equality, diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristics.
The next Academy: Part-time Cyber Academy, 17 weeks, starting 12th April. If you are not eligible for a funded space, we now have the opportunity to self-fund by visiting our website.