About the course
This is an internationally targeted validation of skills and knowledge in IT-related security. The CompTIA Security+ Certification is designed to prepare learners to take their (SY0-601) certification exam and learn how to explain security concerns associated with various types of vulnerabilities. CompTIA Security+ Certification validates the expertise of IT Professionals who want to build their careers in IT security. This is an industry-certification that will fully prepare learners on technical knowledge and skills to perform core security functions. Candidates who take the exam will have an understanding of the following;
- Identify, analyse and respond to security incidents
- Secure environments such as cloud and mobile
In order to achieve the CompTIA Security+ Certification, learners must pass the performance-based exam. This exam (SY0-601) will measure the necessary skills and practical experience of standard security practices.
This is an Exam-Only package. Learners who want to follow the CompTIA Security+ Certification course must take it separately.
The CompTIA Security+ Certification is developed for IT Professionals and Systems Administrators who want to test their knowledge in the CompTIA Security + Exam. Learners will have access to 12 months valid exam vouchers. And to add to these benefits, the exam can be purchased for the lowest price on the market. Earning this CompTIA Security+ Certification puts learners in line to attain higher-paying opportunities.
Who is this Exam aimed at?
- Individuals with an interest in taking the CompTIA Security + Certification (SY0-601)
- IT Security Professionals
- IT Professionals
- Systems Administrator
- Security Administrator
Minimum 2 years of work experience in IT systems administration with a focus on security
- Type of Exam: SY0-601
- Number of Questions: 90
- Length of Test: 90 minutes
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice and Performance-Based
- Recommended Experience: Minimum 2 years of work experience in IT systems administration with a focus on security
- Passing Score: 750 (A scale of 100-900)
- 24% - Attacks, Threats and Vulnerabilities
- 21% - Architecture and Design
- 25% - Implementation
- 16% - Operations and Incident Response
- 14% - Governance, Risk and Compliance
Learners who successfully complete the (SY0-601) Exam will be awarded the CompTIA Security+ Certification. It is designed to support and develop learners during their professional journey into IT security, enabling them to become competitive on the global stage.
- CompTIA is a leading tech association worldwide and is at the forefront of the IT industry.
- They have become a prime voice and platform for foundation IT skills and project skills.
- CompTIA offers exclusive certification programmes with CompTIA Security+ that has been created to benefit IT Professionals.
- It is a popular vendor-neutral certification that will demonstrate an understanding of security concepts.
- This is an excellent route for individuals who want to gain entry into an IT enterprise and rise up the career ladder.
Once you successfully qualify in CompTIA Security+ (SY0-601), this Professional Certificate by CompTIA will prepare you to demonstrate your skills in an IT security environment, and make you a highly valued candidate for potential IT enterprises. You can use this certification to exercise your expertise in application security solutions. You can earn up to £52,624 for the role of IT Security Professional and progress to higher earning potential with experience. Given below are job roles that you will be eligible for;
- IT Professional (Up to £44,000)
- Systems Administrator (Up to £47,364)
- Security Administrator (Up to £40,000)