About the course
Programme: Cyber security
Salary: £150.00 - £250.00 per week
Closing date: 02 Mar 2021 Job Details:
Communicate Technology PLC provide, install and maintain IT and Telecoms Services to Business Parks across the UK as well as offering cloud based services to clients both on and off the Business Parks.
At each Business Park, they adopt or install the Physical Network Infrastructure such as Network Switches, Telephone System, Servers (Dedicated or Virtual), Fibre & Cat5/6 Cabling, Video Conferencing, Wireless Network etc. and provide tenants with fully managed services over this infrastructure. The service is fully scalable from a few users to many thousands.
Communicate PLC are looking to invest heavily in apprenticeship talent and have a proven track record of hiring apprentices and providing them with a pathway progression from apprentice level through to Senior SOC Engineer.
They are now looking for an Apprentice SOC Engineer to join their growing, busy and dynamic IT team with an immediate start.This is an outstanding opportunity for 2 motivated, driven and cyber passionate individuals to undertake a Cyber Security Level 4 apprenticeship whilst gaining invaluable hands on experience within a busy security function.
The main responsibility of this role, will be to assist the 1st and 2nd line support function with general cyber security tasks. This will involve gathering basic cyber security knowledge whilst assisting clients with risk reduction.
Main responsibilities:[will include:]
- Production of client reports on vulnerability scanning.
- Day to day ticket management of firewalls.
- Adding VPN users to firewalls.
- SIEM alert monitoring in to the Security Operations Centre.
- Assisting in patch management and vulnerability management.
- Assisting in implementation of new client firewall projects.
- Assisting in cyber security audits.
- Reviewing of technical and non-technical documents.
- Internal cyber security management.
- Ensuring safety of internal desktops, worktops, networks etc…
- Carrying out general threat intelligence research.
- General IT system management.
Desired skills and qualities:
- Previous IT experience through work or study
- Highly organised and able to prioritise workload to meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic about working in the IT sector
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm and interest in technology
- A keenness to learn and adapt to ever changing technologies
- Good personal management skills relating to conduct, timekeeping and delivery against commitments
- Good punctuality skills relating to customer and non-customer engagements
- Not afraid to ask questions
- Be a team player showing skills and the ability to managing changing priorities
- Exhibit an excellent level of verbal and written communication, dealing with technical and non-technical colleagues and clients
In order to be considered for the role, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 GCSE's, including Maths and English
The chosen candidate will also have either a completed Level 3 IT apprenticeship, IT A-Levels or an Extended BTEC Diploma in IT
The candidate must also have a keen passion for IT and importantly Cyber Security and want to pursue a career within a Cyber Security role
Monday – Friday, 9am - 5pm, with potential to change to 10am-6pm / 37.5hrs a week
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.