About the course
- This course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec) and the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ).
- Covers all aspects of cyber security at a foundation level, from what cyber security is, to useful security standards and frameworks.
- Topics include the threat landscape, phishing, device security and cyber incident response management.
- Learn at your own pace via our user-friendly LMS (learning management system).
- Successful completion of the course and included exam leads to the Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F) qualification and 7CPD/CPE points.
Training course outline
Cyber security is a critical issue for all organisations, so understanding the threat landscape is imperative.
With this fully accredited one-day course you will gain knowledge of cyber security, the threat landscape, threat intelligence, legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, and incident response.
This foundation-level course is one of the first steps in improving your organisation’s cyber security defences. It gives an overview of cyber security, the threat landscape, threat intelligence, legal, regulatory and contractual obligations, and incident response. Passing the included exam will demonstrate your new knowledge.
This training course is also accredited by the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec).
Certified Cyber Security Foundation training course benefits
- Designed by experts
We’re acknowledged leaders in cyber and information security with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Delivered by professionals
Developed by subject matter experts in conjunction with experienced instructional designers, this course is both educational and engaging
- Complete cyber security introduction
Gain experience of practical application of cyber security through group discussions, exercises and case studies.
Learn at your own pace
Online learning allows you to minimise time away from your day-to-day work and learn when it suits you.
Who should attend this course?
This course is aimed at individuals who want to start their career in the lucrative world of cyber security or progress in their current role:
- Customer support administrator/specialist
- Desktop support manager/specialist
- Help desk technician/specialist
- IT support manager/specialist
- IT systems administrator
- Technical support engineer/specialist
Why choose IT Governance for your training needs?
- We’re internationally recognised as the authority on ISO 27001 – Our team led the world’s first ISO 27001 certification project, and since then we have trained more than 8,000 professionals on information security management system (ISMS) implementations and audits.
- Trained by industry experts – our trainers are working consultants with years of practical, hands-on experience.
- Pass first time or train again for free – we have trained more than 17,000 people and we’re confident you’ll pass with us first time. If you don’t, we’ll train you again for free.*
- Choose the method that suits you – we offer classroom, instructor-led online, self-paced online, e-learning and in-house training options.
- Access your training anywhere – all our course materials are provided as a digital copy, allowing you to access them anywhere and at any time. Documents will be made available 20 days before your course.
- Business solutions to suit you – whether you’re a multinational wanting us to manage all your training needs or a small business wishing to boost your workforce skills, we offer a range of training solutions.
What does this course cover?
- What cyber security/information security is
- The threat landscape
- Legal, regulatory and contractual obligations
- Threat intelligence
- Humans and social engineering
- Password security
- Mobile device security
- Web application security
- Social media security
- Remote working – covering travel and home working
- An introduction to risk management
- Security standards and frameworks
- Security in the Cloud (ISO 27018)
- Incident response
- Business continuity
- Supply chain security
What’s included in this course?
- Access to the training materials online via our easy-to-use LMS.
- The Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F) exam.
Certified Cyber Security Foundation exam
Attendees take the ISO 17024-certificated Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F) exam set by IBITGQ at the end of the course. There is no extra charge for this exam.
Delivery method: Online
Duration: 60 minutes
Format: Multiple choice
Pass mark: 65%
This course is equivalent to: 7 CPD points
What qualifications will I receive?
Certified Cyber Security Foundation (C CS F).
This course is accredited by the International Board for IT Governance Qualifications (IBITGQ) and the Chartered Institute of Information Security (CIISec). The course meets the following CIISec knowledge areas: Level 1: A2, A3, A4, A5, A6, B1, C3, D2, E1, F2, G1, G2, H1 and H2, and Level 2: B2, B3, and H3.
You can demonstrate your professional and practical knowledge and expertise by registering your qualification on the IBITGQ/GASQ successful candidate register.
Do I need to bring proof of identity?
Delegates must bring a form of photographic ID with them as the invigilator my request to check it prior to the exam.
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued.
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
Are there any prerequisites for this course?
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, we assume that attendees will have some IT knowledge.
Is there any recommended reading?
We recommend that you purchase and read the following textbook after the course:
CyberWar, CyberTerror, CyberCrime and CyberActivism, Second Edition
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|