About the course
JUNIOR INFORMATION SECURITY ANALYST
Farrer and Co is an independent law firm based in London. We advise individuals, families, businesses, financial services, educational and not-for-profit
£386.63 per week
14 Jan 2021
The Junior Information Security Analyst is an Apprenticeship position. The main scope of this role is to support the functions of the information security team with various tasks and internal team projects, for example, to help the Firm maintain ISO27001 accreditation. This role will cover the broad aspects of the principles of information security governance and technical control management. This is essential in helping the IT Department meet and exceed customer expectation and deliver a consistent and efficient service.
Main role / Responsibilities: [will include but not be limited to]:
- ISO270001 knowledge/implementation
- Experience working with incident management tools such as Sunrise or Service Now
- Understand concept of Cloud infrastructure
- General security-related qualification or certificates such as CISMP, Cyber Essentials
- Ability to use Visio or similar toolSupport team with various projects relating to the ISO27001 accreditation, control objectives and implementation
- Information security incident management to include reporting, response and escalation to management where appropriate
- Generate security metrics, dashboards and reporting for management review
- Assist with managing technical tasks and analysis as needed
- Manage client due diligence questionnaires on behalf of InfoSec and IT to include maintaining repository of responses and ensuring timely responses to requesting team
- Support team with vendor risk management including maintaining third party questionnaires, collating responses, working with Risk and Compliance team where needed
- Maintain policy document management, version and document control
- Work closely with the staff across firm to gather information on working practices to help improve security posture and processes
- Support with education and awareness and communications
- Keeping abreast of latest IT security measures and controls
Working week: 37.5 hours a week
Salary: £20,100 Per Annum
A-Levels in Software/Computing or
a Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject
an International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT
a BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits)
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.