About the course
Employer description: For over 20 years, we have been operating at the heart of the internet infrastructure as proud guardians of the UK domain name registry. Nominet run DNS services that are critical to the internet in the UK. We also run cyber services for customers including the UK Government.
£384.75 - £480.75 per week
25 Nov 2020
This role is an exciting opportunity for someone with the right skills and desire to get involved in cyber security in a company that truly makes a difference.
These roles will cover broad aspects of Cyber Security and will offer the opportunity to help shape future security operations, as well as bring fresh and exciting ideas to the role. Through the knowledge gained by doing the Cyber Apprenticeship, and supported by a team with a wealth of knowledge, you will gain a broad understanding of Cyber Security.
If you have a strong passion to work in the world of Cyber Security, combined with an inquisitive and analytical mind, then this is a fantastic opportunity to work at the heart of the Internet.
If you are looking for a new challenge and keen to get a fully funded Cyber Security qualification whilst doing the job, please get in touch.
- Use of security tools to monitor and mitigate the security risks to the business
- Conduct analysis on a range of security data sources
- Communication of security issues to managers and customers
- Become an authority on aspects of Cyber Security
- Assessments and research into new tools and techniques in Cyber Security
- The role will develop over the duration of this 2 year Apprenticeship.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- A real interest and enthusiasm of cyber security
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Motivation and desire to gain a qualification in Cyber Security delivered by QA
- 2 A-levels in STEM subjects – e.g. Maths, Computer Science, Physics / Or strong evidence of technical skills.
- Or an Apprenticeship in a similar subject (this must be at least the level below the planned programme)
- Or an International Baccalaureate at level 3 in ICT
This opportunity will involve remote working but you must be prepared to travel to Oxford for meetings if needed.
You’ll gain a competitive salary depending on experience, plus other excellent benefits including:
- A 10-20% bonus
- 28 days holidays (30 days from Jan 2021)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Flex benefits
- Onsite fitness classes and studio
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.