About the course
This is a sixth form college, established in 1557. We are currently ranked as one of the best colleges in the country and staff are both proud of this and driven to maintain that status.The IT Network covers a wide range of technologies, as functions as a graphics house, film production studio, sound studio as well as handling sensitive databases. The college also runs a number of commercial ventures, including a full leisure centre, with swimming pool and evening courses for adults.
£323.38 per week
27 Oct 2020
Currently looking for a passionate and energetic individual to join one of the country’s highest achieving sixth form colleges.The College is 463 years old and prides itself on the hard work and dedication of the staff to help the students achieve some of the best grades in the country.The IT department is a critical part of this community and the right candidate will be hard working and ambitious.The College has an opportunity for the right individual to join the IT team, to help carve out a new roleand make a lasting impact.The role will work alongside the IT team, performing normal IT Technician tasks - getting a good understanding of networking and handling end users.It will also involve working with the Head of Technical Services to develop security systems, to identify areas that need improvement and develop a programme of testing - working on own projects and liaising with 3rd party companies. The college will also be working towards ISO 27001 accreditation, which the successful candidate will be heavily involved with.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Technical Services and the IT team to maintain, assess and develop security assets across the college network.
- Work in conjunction with the Head of Technical Services and the IT team to identify vulnerabilities and develop systems to resolve those identified areas.
- Working with 3rd party companies to test the IT infrastructure and develop a programme of testing and resolutions
- To ensure that all computer-related machinery and equipment is properly maintained and tested;
- To maintain a log of equipment faults, repair and testing schedules;
- To provide helpdesk support for IT related issues
- To work with the IT Systems Manager on new projects, implementing new technologies to improve the service to the staff and students
- To help identify new technologies which could be of benefit to the collegeTo support the staff and students, with a wide range of abilities in a positive and supportive manner
- To assist with the installation, setting up and testing of new equipment, including the installation of software, and the transfer of existing equipment to new locations on the College site
- To provide technical support to the Adult Education Department to include setting up and maintaining user accounts.
- To assist the College in the maintenance of statutory and College-based Health & Safety standards and procedures and the performance of departmental Health & Safety inspections;
- The post holder will be required to undertake any other duties consistent with the job-title as may reasonably be required from time to time by College Management.
- The post holder will also be expected to assist in ensuring the safety and well-being of students.
- The post-holder will be required to implement, in the execution of all tasks allocated to him/her, such health and safety procedures as are specified by College management, and to seek to achieve such service standards as may be reasonably laid down from time to time by College management.
Desired skills / You should have:
- High attention to detail
- Good problem solving techniques
- Enthusiasm for IT and understanding/learning new systems
- Enthusiasm to help and support Staff and students - of various abilities.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good organisational skills
- Strong work ethic
5 GCSE’s, grades A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English Language and Maths)
5 days / 8:30am - 4:30pm (may vary to support out of hours) 37 per week.
Free onsite parking
Free VDU eye test
27th October 2020
QA’s apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.