About the course
About the course
Businesses are increasingly becoming more reliant on technology to operate. Accordingly, there is a huge demand for cyber security professionals with knowledge of cyber threats and solutions. This conversion course is designed for individuals who don’t have a cyber security background but want to pursue a career in this exciting field.
Through this PG Dip Cyber Security, you will develop your ability to implement and manage cyber defences. You will consider technical approaches as well as commercial and human factors which affect how organisations respond to cyber-attacks. Developing these technical skills and knowledge will prepare you to successfully start your cyber security career. You will also be able to continue your studies and advance onto our full Masters programme.
Teaching methods and style
We’re a 100% online education provider, so we use a state-of-the art Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) to deliver our teaching, resources and assessments. Our system tracks and manages the learning process in real-time and provides you with immediate access to your learning materials. The VLE is accessible 24/7 and allows both students and tutors to actively take part in real-time conversations and live seminars.
For our PG Dip Cyber Security, there’s no need to download different software packages – all programming languages are included within the tuition fee and all work is carried out on an online development environment.
All assessments are delivered through our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE). There is no requirement to go to external test centres. Instead you will submit written assignments through the VLE.
You are always aware of your current provisional grade which allows you to continually evaluate the success of your current study methods and identify areas to improve. We believe that this information helps you to make the most of your course. We achieve this by:
• assessing you throughout modules rather than waiting for end of year exams
• showing your marks in your grade book which can be viewed whenever you log onto the VLE
• rapid turnaround on work assessed to ensure your grade book is always up to date
• ensuring you have regular contact with your Student Adviser
We also have a policy of ensuring that the work submitted by students is authentic – we use a well-established electronic monitoring system to check for plagiarism.
Given the increasing need for robust cyber security measures and the skills shortage in this area, this course is designed to make you an attractive candidate in this sector. You will be able to succeed in a range of roles such as Software Developer, Risk Analyst, Threat Management, Secure Systems Designer/Programmer, Information Systems Administrator or Forensic Analyst.
At University of Essex Online, we believe that everyone should be able to access education. That is why we offer two different entry routes onto our PG Dip Cyber Security, which take into account both academic and work-based experience.
Our courses are taught in English so to study with us you must have an IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 or equivalent. If you don’t hold an IELTS or equivalent qualification, you will be required to pass a free online English test to assess your proficiency.
£7,482 (2020/2021) *
The tuition fee includes all teaching materials and required reading, and there aren’t any hidden charges for assessments or resits.
• Monthly payment plan available for those who are self-funding.
• 10% discount if you pay the full course fee upfront.
• A range of scholarships are available subject to applicants meeting certain criteria. **
• Postgraduate student loans are available in England for our full Masters degrees only.
Please note that you can only apply for a maximum of two discounts or scholarships.
* This tuition fee is net of any applicable sales tax payable by you in your country of residence. Where we are required to add sales tax at the local statutory rate, this will be added to the tuition fees shown and confirmed during the payment process.
** To find out whether you’re eligible for our scholarships contact University of Essex Online’s Admissions team.