About the course
The ISO 27001 Lead Implementer course is a PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) official course. The three-day intensive course will help you develop the skills needed to audit an Information Security Management System (ISMS), as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
PECB is officially accredited under ISO 17024 from ANSI. They are the first personnel certification body to be accredited by a National Accreditation Authority.
This training is consistent with the good practices established by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and ISO 10006:2003 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). The course is fully compatible with:
- ISO/IEC 27003:2009 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27004:2009 (Measurement of Information Security)
- ISO/IEC 27005:2008 (Risk Management in Information Security)
You'll also get one year’s free membership of PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) - which usually costs around £250.
Do you qualify for the ISO 27001 Master certification?
When you have both the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certifications, you're eligible to apply for the ISO 27001 Master certification.
Prove that you've mastered the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS). You can apply for the Master certification through PECB, if you have the following:
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certification
- Ten years of professional experience (six years in information security)
- At least 500 hours of ISMS audit experience
- At least 500 hours of ISMS project experience