About the course
The Cisco CCNA Security course introduces you to the core security technologies. Through a combination of classroom lecture and practical exercises, you'll be able to develop your own security policies, to protect your IT infrastructure. The course is based on applying security through the features of Cisco's IOS (Internetwork Operating System). The CCNA Security certification is a required step towards the CCNP Security certification.
Having this certification demonstrates that you have the skills and knowledge to:
- Develop security infrastructures
- Recognise threats and vulnerabilities to networks
- Mitigate security threats
What you'll learn
This CCNA Security training teaches you the network security concepts and practices, including:
- Configuring Cisco routers using IOS Software security features
- Configuring network devices to restrict access
- Maintaining the integrity of network traffic
- Configuring Intrusion Protection on Cisco devices
- Configuring site-to site VPNs
- Firewall features on Cisco devices
The curriculum also covers core security technologies, the installation, troubleshooting and monitoring of network devices in order to maintain integrity, confidentiality and availability of data and devices, and competency in the technologies that Cisco uses in its security structure.