About the course
C27 - GCT Certificate in Implementing ISO 27001
What is it?
By attending this unique 3 day course, you will acquire a comprehensive and practical understanding of the key steps involved in planning, implementing and maintaining an information security management system (ISMS) which complies with the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001, the International Standard for Information Security Management. This course has been independently validated and assessed as part of the GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) Scheme. It is delivered by URM’s practising consultants who will use their extensive experiences with ISO 27001 to provide you with invaluable insights into all stages of implementing an effective ISMS. By the end of this course, you will be prepared to take and pass a 2 hour multi-choice examination which has been developed by and is administered by APMG International (Independent Certification Body for GCHQ-approved cyber security training courses)
Why should you attend?
If your organisation is looking to implement an ISMS and to comply or certify to ISO 27001, this is the ideal course for you.
This course will help you to:
- Understand the purpose and history of ISO 27001
- Understand what is involved in certifying your ISMS
- Identify the fundamentals of information security
- Increase your knowledge of the requirements and guidance contained within ISO 27071, from an implementation perspective
- Interpret and implement controls from Annex A ISO 27001
- Identify the benefits specific to different types of organisations in implementing an effective ISMS.
On a practical level, by attending this course you will be provided with guidance on meeting ISO 27001 requirements such as:
- Determining internal and external issues, interested parties and their needs and expectations and defining the scope of your ISMS
- Demonstrating leadership commitment
- Conducting risk assessments, treating risks and producing a statement of applicability (SoA)
- Determining and assessing the competencies of those with IS roles and responsibilities
- Developing and delivering training and awareness programmes
- Communicating with third parties
- Conducting audits and management reviews etc
Achieving continuous improvement, including monitoring and measurement.
In addition, by attending this course and passing the associated examination, you will hold a GCHQ Certified Training qualification and be able to demonstrate your competence in the subject, as required by Clause 7.2 of ISO 27001.
What are the prerequisites for attending?
There are no prerequisites for attending this course. However, you would benefit from having a general awareness of information security and/or management systems.
What is the format of URM’s Implementing ISO 27001 Course?
URM delivers Implementing ISO 27001 as both a public schedule and closed on-site course. If you attend our public schedule courses, these are typically residential and held at purpose designed training venues.
When attending this course, you will experience a dynamic and interactive mixture of traditional classroom training, syndicate exercises, and group discussions. A case study is used through the week, with exercises and discussions stemming from it, as well as an APMG sample paper to ensure you are well prepared to take and pass the APMG administered 2 hour multi-choice exam on the final afternoon. You may wish to use the evenings to review some of the comprehensive courseware notes and practice answering the sample exam questions.
Why train with URM?
URM has an 18 year track record assisting circa 200 organisations to achieve and maintain ISO 27001 certification and all our courses are led by our experienced and practising ISO 27001 consultants. As such, you can be assured that you will receive pragmatic and invaluable instruction on implementing ISO 27001 in the real world. You will learn about the practical challenges which you will face in meeting the requirements of the Standard and most importantly how to address them.
URM's course is the only ISO 27001 Implementation course in the UK to have been certified and as part of the GCHQ Certified Training (GCT) scheme.
Here are a number of comments from delegates who have sat URM’s Certificate in Implementing ISO 27001 course:
- So much useful information and examples of application and implementation of the Standard in each session
- Increased my knowledge of ISO 27001, as well as a much better understanding of implementation
- Great course. Great trainer
- Much more interactive than I had anticipated
WANT TO LEARN MORE? CONTACT US NOW!
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||UK|