About the course
Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course
This one-day Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 training course will familiarise delegates with the requirements and principles of ISO 27001 (ISO/IEC 27001:2013), the international standard for an Information Security Management System (ISMS).
The course outlines why ISO/IEC 27001 is such a popular standard and its versatility in this day and age where multiple types of information and systems need to be kept secure with robust checks in place.
Through interactive workshops and slides delegates will be able to develop their understanding of ISO/IEC 27001, including its scope, structure and requirements (clauses). During the course delegates will explore key topics, including the assessment of potential threats and vulnerabilities to an ISMS, Annex SL, and the benefits and considerations of certification.
This Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course also works well as a foundation for further training, such as the ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor and CQI IRCA ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Auditor training courses. When booked with either of these training courses a discount of £100 will be applied.
- Data security and information security in the current environment
- Overview of the ISMS standard ISO/IEC 27001:2013
- Assessing potential threats and vulnerabilities from a variety of sources
- The core structure to ISO/IEC 27001, Annex SL, and its potential to be aligned with other popular standards, including ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Discussing other standards in the ISO 27000 family
- The benefits and considerations of certification to ISO/IEC 27001
- Sources of information and further development
Who should attend
- Those seeking to gain knowledge of information security management systems and an understanding of ISO/IEC 27001 requirements
- Anyone responsible for managing information security within an organisation
- Those who wish to assess if they should obtain certification to ISO/IEC 27001
- Senior managers involved in the outcome of ISM system audits
- Those who are new to auditing and ISO/IEC 27001 looking to develop a foundation of knowledge for further learning
On completion of this Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 delegates will be able to understand:
- the basic requirements and principles of ISO/IEC 27001 and how they apply in practice
- potential threats and vulnerabilities that an ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS may encounter
- the effects of certification to ISO/IEC 27001 on an organisation
This training course also meets the prior knowledge requirements for the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead and Internal Auditor training courses.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|22 Nov 2021||Coventry|