About the course
ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course
ISO/IEC 27001 sets the scope, structure and requirements for an effective Information Security Management System (ISMS), helping organisations of all sizes to manage information securely.
Having a certified and well-maintained ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS demonstrates an adherence to good security practices and can improve a company’s reputability.
This ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course will equip delegates with the necessary skills to perform internal audits, allowing them to contribute towards the improvement and maintenance of their organisation’s ISMS.
The course centres around a highly interactive central case study through which delegates will learn the key stages of an audit, including:
- Planning: Includes writing and using audit checklists
- Audit process: Includes auditing techniques and the process for data collection
- Audit review: Includes evaluating audit findings and writing up nonconformities
- Finishing an audit: Includes closing meetings, presenting the audit findings and addressing nonconformities
- An introduction into auditing an ISMS based on ISO/IEC 27001
- The role of auditing for a certified ISO/IEC 27001 ISMS
- The relationship between ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and the rest of the ISO 27000 family
- Factors that determine audit frequency
- Auditing process including planning,
- audit process
- audit review
- Nonconformity report writing
- Sources of information and further development
This ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor Training Course is highly suitable for:
- those looking to undertake internal ISMS audits
- auditees wanting to understand the audit process
- quality manager taking on ISMS responsibilities
- IT managers or professionals with information security responsibilities
Individuals without previous auditor and ISO/IEC 27001 experience may benefit from attending our Introduction to ISO/IEC 27001 Training Course. The introductory course takes place the day prior to this auditor course at the same venue. When both courses are booked together a discount of £100 will be applied.
On completion of this ISO/IEC 27001 Internal Auditor training course delegates will be able to:
- plan and prepare for an internal audit with an understanding of auditing procedures and documentation.
- conduct an effective ISMS audit against ISO/IEC 27001
- present audit findings and potential corrective actions
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|18 May 2021||Online|
|29 Jun 2021||London|
|20 Jul 2021||Online|
|14 Sep 2021||Leeds|
|28 Sep 2021||Online|
|23 Nov 2021||Coventry|