About the course
CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER V10
OVERVIEW OF THIS CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER COURSE
"To beat a hacker, you need to think like a hacker".
Certified Ethical Hackers are skilled professionals who understand and know how to look for weaknesses and vulnerabilities in target systems and use the same knowledge and tools as a malicious hacker. However, the Certified Ethical Hacker is employed by an organisation or company to do this in a legitimate and lawful way to assess and identify security weaknesses in a the target systems. The CEH certification provides you with the specific network security discipline of Ethical Hacking from a vendor-neutral perspective.
Established in 2003, the EC-Council are the global leader in InfoSec Cyber Security certification programs and the Certified Ethical Hacker is globally the most recognised certification in its field with over 220,000 certified professionals across 145 different countries.
The purpose of the CEH certification is to:
- Establish and govern minimum standards of credentials for professional information security specialists in ethical hacking measures.
- Inform the public that credentialed individuals meet of exceed the minimum standards.
- Reinforce ethical hacking as a unique and self-regulating profession.
What you will learn
The Certified Ethical Hacker course will immerse you into the Hacker Mindset, enabling you to defend against future attacks. The security mindset in any organisation cannot be limited to the silos of a certain vendor, technologies or pieces of equipment.
The course puts you in the drivers seat of a hand’s on environment with a systematic process. You will find yourself exposed to a completely different way of achieving optimal information security posture in your organisation or company; by hacking it !
You will learn how to scan, test, hack and secure your own systems. This is taught through a five phase method of ethical hacking including Reconnaissance, Gaining Access, Enumeration, Maintaining Access and finally, covering your tracks.
We include the EC-Council CEH (Practical) as standard with our package.
The CEH (Practical) is an additional online practical assessment enabling you to to demonstrate the following tasks:-
- Demonstrate the understanding of attack vectors.
- Perform network scanning to identify live and vulnerable machines in a network.
- Perform OS banner grabbing, service, and user enumeration.
- Perform system hacking, steganography, steganalysis attacks, and cover tracks.
- Identify and use viruses, computer worms, and malware to exploit systems.
- Perform packet sniffing.
- Conduct a variety of web server and web application attacks including directory traversal, parameter tampering, XSS, etc.
- Perform SQL injection attacks.
- Perform different types of cryptography attacks.
- Perform vulnerability analysis to identify security loopholes in the target organisations network, communication infrastructure and end systems etc.
The CEH (Practical) is a 6 hour exam of online practical exam based on 20 challenges.
Passing the CEH (Practical) practical exam in addition to the standard Certified Ethical Hacker exam will see you earn a CEH Master Certification.
About the Program
The EC-Council experts have designed over 140 labs which mimic real time scenarios to let you live through a live attack on a system. You are provided with access to over 2,200 of the most commonly used hacking tools to allow you to immerse yourself into the hacking world.
The goals of the course are to help you master the ethical hacking methodology used in a penetration or ethical hacker situation. This ensures that once certified you have ethical hacking skills which are in high demand, as well as being internationally recognised as an Ethical Hacker certification.
I’VE HELPED THOUSANDS OF STUDENTS, NOW I’M READY TO HELP YOU.
Our Course and Career Advisors are highly trained to provide superior quality feedback on the various industries that our training courses cover. This enables them, through years of experience, to build a lasting relationship with you, as a student, in order to cater to the specific needs of your studies and your developing career.
COURSE CERTIFICATION DETAILS
EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Course Assessment
The Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) v10 course is accredited by the EC-Council and is an internationally recognised certification. In order to earn your CEH qualification you must study official CEH courses from an accredited training provider and then pass the Ethical Hacking exam at an authorised testing centre or through the EC-Council online exam service.
EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) Course Requirements
There are no formal prerequisites to study the CEH course but it is strongly recommended that you have an understanding and some experience with operating systems, TCP/IP and networking. Our consultants can create a study package which includes courses in these areas if required.
IS THE CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER COURSE FOR ME?
Career Path Opportunities
The average salary of individuals with the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker certification is currently £56,000 pa within the UK. The course is suited for anyone looking to work in any of the following roles:
- IT Security Officer
- IT Security Auditor
- Site Administrator
- Senior IT Security Analyst
- Senior Web Security Engineer
- Penetration Tester
- Application Security Consultant
- Information Security Manager
- Threat and Vulnerability Analyst
- Cyber Security Manager
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||Online|