About the course
MSc Cyber Security (full-time)
Provided by Northumbria University London Campus
Take your Cyber Security career to the next level with an MSc Cyber Security.
Developing critical understanding of information governance/assurance and technology risk management practices, not only will you learn the key skills for handling security incidents, but you will also learn how to identify new and existing threats and how they can be prevented.
Perfect for those who have a background in Cyber Security, this course is suited to professionals or undergraduates looking to progress in their career.
As a result of Covid-19 and subject to social distancing requirements, we are intending to teach this course using a mix of on-campus and online teaching. Please check our website for the most up to date information regarding any updates to start dates and delivery.
• Develop integral skills in high demand
• Enhance your ability to handle and minimise security threats and incidents
• Understand information governance and assurance
• Northumbria University is recognised as a Centre of Excellence in Cyber Security Research (ACEs-CSR) by the National Cyber Security Centre
• Also with Advanced Practice (with integrated work experience)
• Also available as a part-time programme
• Upon completion of your programme, you will be eligible for the QA Professional Pathways programmes which will enable you to further develop your skills with one of the UK’s largest providers of IT and project management training
Ideally located just minutes from Liverpool Street station, our campus provides a central location in the heart of London encapsulating an abundance of opportunities. From work experience and networking to social clubs, gyms and a vast array of restaurants, shops and cafes - there’s something for everyone.
What will I study?
MSc Cyber Security covers areas such as:
- Information Governance and Security
- Information Assurance and Risk Management
- Wireless Networks and Security
- Network Security
- Ethical Hacking for Cyber Security
Alongside this, you will gain skills in research and project management, to prepare you for your final MSc project, which is to be completed in your final semester. During this time, you will receive one-to-one tuition and supervision from a relevant academic supervisor.
Utilising appropriate advanced research, critical evaluation and synthesis techniques, this project will provide you with the skills to undertake individual research.
How will I be assessed?
Teaching on this programme is delivered through tutorials, lectures and practical work, totalling between 12-13 hours per week. You will also be expected to engage in independent study. The recommended hours for this is 29 hours per week.
You will be assessed using a mix of coursework and exams.
Level of study: Postgraduate
Fee: £6,990 (UK/EU)
Entry requirements: Minimum 2:2 (second class) honours degree or equivalent from a recognised university in a related subject
Mode of study: Full-time classroom
Duration: 1 Year
Assessment methods: Coursework and exams
Scholarship or bursaries: Available
Student finance: Available
Payment plan: Available
Starts: January, May, September (No fixed start date)
Location/Delivery: 110 Middlesex Street, London, E1 7HT
For more information please click below.