Implementing IT Governance – Foundation & Principles Live Online Training Course
Provided by IT Governance
About the course
Effective IT governance is acknowledged as the key to strategic IT management in all successful organisations. But with so many related standards and frameworks such as ISO 27001, COBIT® and ITIL® to choose from, how can managers govern effectively without spending excessive time and cost on rigid management processes?
Created by Alan Calder, the Implementing IT Governance training course is a three-day Live Online session that delivers foundation training to raise awareness, build knowledge and develop a complete understanding of IT governance. It is focused on practicality, with the aim of providing comprehensive strategies and methodologies to enable immediate implementation.
Unique Live Online training
- All the interactive benefits of classroom training from the convenience of your desk.
- Fits into your normal schedule, with courses taking place between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm.
- Available from anywhere in the world with an Internet connection.
- Save the time of unnecessary travel or periods away from work.
- Reduced cost with no travel or accommodation required.
- Interactive instruction delivered by an expert trainer.
- Immediate access to online exams.
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for individuals whose role requires them to have a broad understanding of IT Governance and a familiarity with the wide range of frameworks and standards which can be deployed in an integrated, business-focused IT Governance framework.
- Systems/ Network engineer
- Head of IT
- IT Manager
- IT Support
- Service Desk
- Service Delivery Manager
What does the Implementing IT Governance – Foundation & Principles Live Online training course cover?
By attending the Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Understand and define IT governance and its best practice.
- Achieve the alignment of IT and business plans.
- Navigate and integrate all of the currently available IT governance frameworks.
- Identify and manage IT risk across the enterprise.
- Implement an IT governance framework and measure the results.
The course combines a high level of academic content with practical guidance on implementation. It also provides opportunities to link growing understanding of IT governance best practice to each delegate’s corporate environment or circumstances.
The 18 information-packed sessions include:
- Definitions of, and drivers for, IT governance; accountability frameworks, including the role of the board, executive and RACI charts.
- The role of frameworks and the Calder-Moir meta-model.
- Internal control and its part in IT governance.
- Internal culture and its relevance to IT governance.
- Detailed review of all the core frameworks – ISO38500, COBIT, ITIL and best practice standards.
- IT governance implementation project plan.
- How to integrate IT governance frameworks and standards.
- Risk and control in IT governance.
- Information management (and data governance).
- IS governance, the ISO27001 ISMS and business resilience.
- Creating an IT strategy and the IT strategy template.
- Enterprise architecture.
What’s included in this course?
- Full course materials (digital copy provided as a PDF file);
- The Implementing IT Governance – Foundation & Principles Online Training Course exam; and
- A certificate of attendance.
- Project governance.
- Internal resource optimisation.
- External resource optimisation.
- Value delivery.
- Performance management.
What equipment should I bring?
Delegates booked on this course are expected to have a reliable Internet connection at their home or office, on a PC, Mac or laptop. We will check and confirm that you have the WebEx application installed, and that you can correctly log on to our WebEx training centre before the course. On the last day of the course, you will be invited to take the EU General Data Protection Regulation Foundation (EU GDPR F) exam.
Course duration and times
Day 1: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 2: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Day 3: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
This course is equivalent to 21 CPD/CPE points.
Implementing IT Governance - Foundation & Principles Live Online training course exam
Delegates take the IBITGQ Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles (CITGP) exam at the end of the course. There is no extra charge for this exam.
To enable you to sit the online exam you will need:
- Internet Explorer 9 (or later) or Mozilla Firefox version 16 (or later).
- Internet access for the full time of the exam.
- To deactivate the pop-up blocker.
- A working webcam on the machine you are sitting your exam from.
- A Skype account.
What qualifications will I receive?
Implementing IT Governance: Foundation & Principles (CITGP)
How will I receive my exam results and certificates?
- Provisional exam results will be available immediately on completion of the exam. Confirmed exam results will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam.
- Certificates for those who have achieved a passing grade will be issued within ten working days from the date of the exam
- Results notifications and certificates are sent directly to candidates by the relevant exam board in electronic format; please note that hard copy exam certificates are not issued
Can exams be retaken?
Yes, if you are unsuccessful on the first attempt you can retake the exam for an additional fee. You can email us to schedule the retest for the exam.
|Start date||Location / delivery|
|No fixed date||London|